Browner update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I know there's another thread mods, but this is new news that no one would see buried 7 pages deep.

Funny how NFL.com has nothing on Browner, so for craps and giggles I went to espn.com and it was the top link in their news feed.

Evidently, Browner still faces some sort of suspension when he comes back, per ESPN. No one knows how many games and Browner's agent isn't saying anything, but it seems like part of the negotiated deal for Browner to come back is that he still serves some sort of suspension. I see this as supressing his FA value a bit.

It's sad how the NFL can break it's own rules, be inconsistent with enforcing their own rules, obviously be in the wrong (at least in some part) yet they're still so powerful that Browner has to pay even more after what he's already paid. I'm guessing his lawyer probably told him to take this deal instead of going for blood, which rarely happens against the NFL. We lose sight sometimes that Browner was guilty of a substance abuse violation, and that's the bottom line, but he's already missed out on so much.....what, 4 reg season games, the playoffs and SB.

I love me some football but the NFL's administrative side is wearing thin on me.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think ESPN is wrong. He's already served a suspension. We shall see.
and thank you for the new thread.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Why did you feel the need to make a separate topic? Nothing new here.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
There was rampant speculation in the last thread (and tons of questions) about what his status would be coming back, and if he would serve a suspension.

ESPN has reported on this, it IS new news, and I didn't think anyone would see it 7 pages deep amid all the "I love me some Browner, wooty he's back.....wonder if he'll be a Seahawk" comments. (which I agree with, just sayin)

if the mods want to lock it, they'll lock it if it's inappropriate.

A

Anonymous

Hawks46":78bw0go1 said:
I know there's another thread mods, but this is new news that no one would see buried 7 pages deep.

Funny how NFL.com has nothing on Browner, so for craps and giggles I went to espn.com and it was the top link in their news feed.

Evidently, Browner still faces some sort of suspension when he comes back, per ESPN. No one knows how many games and Browner's agent isn't saying anything, but it seems like part of the negotiated deal for Browner to come back is that he still serves some sort of suspension. I see this as supressing his FA value a bit.

It's sad how the NFL can break it's own rules, be inconsistent with enforcing their own rules, obviously be in the wrong (at least in some part) yet they're still so powerful that Browner has to pay even more after what he's already paid. I'm guessing his lawyer probably told him to take this deal instead of going for blood, which rarely happens against the NFL. We lose sight sometimes that Browner was guilty of a substance abuse violation, and that's the bottom line, but he's already missed out on so much.....what, 4 reg season games, the playoffs and SB.

I love me some football but the NFL's administrative side is wearing thin on me.

You are aware that you can click on that little box next to the last poster's entry and skip to the end of a thread in one fell swoop, right?

Plus (and this is even cooler) when you submit a post, the thread moves up the index page...

Being discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91012

Status
Not open for further replies.