Michael Bennett will be testing FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter · Seattle DE Michael Bennett will be testing the free agent market and will not be re-signing with the Seahawks before March 11th, per source.

This is a bummer. I hoped a deal would get done before Free Agency. His comments indicated he was looking for his payday, and rightfully so, but I am still bummed. It makes sense for him to see what he can make on the open market before signing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Definitely a bummer, but if you were Bennett you'd be crazy not to test free agency.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":sg63xqyp said:
Definitely a bummer, but if you were Bennett you'd be crazy not to test free agency.
hmmm... you sure? The guy tested free agency last year and had no market.
It's ultimately up to him though, he's probably gone

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
good bye Bennett, some team will overpay for his services. Sucks but glad Seattle is holding there ground. We cant go into cap hell for one guy.

James in PA

Reaction score
Damn what's the Redskins cap situation like? I could see that tool Dan Snyder making an outrageous offer.

BamKam

Reaction score
You guys area ll assuming PC and JS lowballed him. They could have offered 10+ million a year, he just thinks he could get more. This could work out in our favor if some other team doesn't want to take a chance.

Yea it will suck if he is gone but will almost gurantee Tate is back and we can save all that money for the big contracts coming up (which we will need). We might be able to sign a DE like Jared Allen at a discount price in hopes of getting a Super Bowl before he retires.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Michael Johnson, LaMarr Houston, Jared Allen. Many good DE in the market. I prefer Bennett but Houston would be a great addition.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
davidonmi":1arbahys said:
Sgt. Largent":1arbahys said:
hmmm... you sure? The guy tested free agency last year and had no market.
It's ultimately up to him though, he's probably gone

Yes I'm sure. His value has never been higher, and he's on everyone's list as the #1 free agent on the market.

Free agency is a win win, even if the Hawks have already made him a good offer. If he finds a better deal, he comes back to the Hawks to see if they match. If not, he takes the Hawks offer.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Seems like the smart thing to do.

It is hard to know what your market value is, and how it compares to what the Seahawks offer is, until you hear from other teams.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20etafc3 said:
Yes I'm sure. His value has never been higher, and he's on everyone's list as the #1 free agent on the market.

I haven't seen him #1 on anyone's list outside of Seattle. He's always been at least the 3rd ranked DE on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.