two sport athletes > bo jackson > the boz

crucifyd

Reaction score
with RW "playing" for the rangers, dori monson was talking about RW being a two-sport guy which lead to bo jackson which lead to the Boz...

he starts talking about Bo Jackson @ about 8:00 here http://kiroradio.com/listen/9968575/

of course he considers the end of the Boz to be the goal line meeting with Jackson...

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Lebron James wouldve been the best two sport athlete of all time if he played football.. Bo Jackson was an absolute beast though..

randomation

Reaction score
Yeah if Lebron played tight end he would have been basically uncoverable.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
I don't think lebron is tough enough. He'd make some great plays but I don't think he'd last long.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Lebron couldn't hack it in the nfl. No way he could play TE in the NFL

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":1r0q6zw1 said:
I don't think lebron is tough enough. He'd make some great plays but I don't think he'd last long.

Are you kidding? Lebron gets hacked every single time he touches the ball. There is no other player in the NBA who is fouled as often as he is. He get's fouled more often than a SF fan says Seattle CB's hold. He would do just fine. I believe he was an all state TE his sophomore year of HS before he gave up football to focus on basketball.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Heck wif TE...go for a tall Wideout and he fits the bill. He would be your endzone wonder.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I don't really see Russell as a two sport guy. A lot of players in the NFL are also drafted or at the very least scouted by MLB teams. Wilson was granted an opportunity, and it was a smart move to take advantage of it. The kid in me wishes he was an all-star caliber 2nd baseman, haha.

Jackson was my favorite athlete as a kid, it seemed like he could do anything he wanted (and do it better than everyone else with style). Herschel Walker has always been impressive as well (olympic athlete), and looked like a man amongst boys. Jim Thorpe may have played baseball, but his track record...speaks for itself.

Smellyman

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2jfgu052 said:
Lebron James wouldve been the best two sport athlete of all time if he played football.. Bo Jackson was an absolute beast though..

How is this a known fact?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
If Russell would've focused solely on baseball he probably could be a decent big league prospect if not more.

LeBron James, say what you want about this man but a 40" vertical and hands like his don't grow on trees, the guy would've been unbelievable as a pro football player. The guy is a freak of nature.

dunceface

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1x9si85k said:
If Russell would've focused solely on baseball he probably could be a decent big league prospect if not more.

LeBron James, say what you want about this man but a 40" vertical and hands like his don't grow on trees, the guy would've been unbelievable as a pro football player. The guy is a freak of nature.

JUS THNK OF WHTA HE CULD DO FOR FLOPPING IN THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!1

OP
OP
crucifyd

crucifyd

Reaction score
anybody have a take on what he said about Boz?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
crucifyd":8cpzxfkr said:

In the NBA everyone flops. MJ, Karl Malone, Stockton, Pippen, Kobe, Manu, Duncan, Garnett, Barkley, Rodman.. All Hall of Famers, all floppers..

Who cares?

BTW Did I mention I really hate the NBA now that we dont have a team?

randomation

Reaction score
Back on topic did Bo ever have number one selling MLB and NFL jersey's at the same time since RW does at the moment which is kind of absurd.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Deion Sanders set the bar for dual sport athletes.
The only person to play in a Super Bowl and World Series.

Speed is hard to get in both sports

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1e69l4dn said:
JaiSeaSea":1e69l4dn said:

Are you kidding? Lebron gets hacked every single time he touches the ball. There is no other player in the NBA who is fouled as often as he is. He get's fouled more often than a SF fan says Seattle CB's hold. He would do just fine. I believe he was an all state TE his sophomore year of HS before he gave up football to focus on basketball.

Hacked isn't the same as getting ran over by a LB or Kam or any number actual professional football players, on a crossing route. I'm sure in high school Lebron could have been an all state player at just about anything he put his mind to. He's a hell of an athlete. I just don't think he'd be tough enough to play very long in the NFL.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
crucifyd":3ulq2qb0 said:

I didnt listen, but did he say something about how Boz 'got run over' or that play ended his career? Or something similar? I don't know... it's an old story, it's been debated on here several times.

I know we talked a little about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90507&start=20

It's one of the most over hyped plays in NFL history, it was a normal tackle on a ball carrier, it wasnt a big deal. Happens all game long. When people talk about it like he got 'trucked' or 'run over' its obvious they havent seen the play in a long long time and dont really remember, their memories are getting carried away.

What ended his career were his shoulders, nothing more. Talented player, wish we could have seen him healthy for 10 years.

Smellyman

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3rpcuets said:
crucifyd":3rpcuets said:

I didnt listen, but did he say something about how Boz 'got run over' or that play ended his career? Or something similar? I don't know... it's an old story, it's been debated on here several times.

I know we talked a little about it here:

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90507&start=20

It's one of the most over hyped plays in NFL history, it was a normal tackle on a ball carrier, it wasnt a big deal. Happens all game long. When people talk about it like he got 'trucked' or 'run over' its obvious they havent seen the play in a long long time and dont really remember, their memories are getting carried away.

What ended his career were his shoulders, nothing more. Talented player, wish we could have seen him healthy for 10 years.

it was actually a very good tackle on the baddest RB in the NFL