It would be nice to re-sign someone before tomorrow

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I know most of the attention is on Tate and Bennett and both guys are definitely going to test the market, but I would feel a little more comfortable about free agency if we had at least 1 more guy locked up. Someone like Breno or McDonald or McDaniel would be nice.

Anybody else hoping for some news today?

summesm

Reaction score
I was thinking same thing. Would like to hear something positive about either McDonald or McDaniel or both since we cut Red and more than likely won't have Bennett.

Largent80

Reaction score
There is a lot of work being done, we are just not hearing it and for good reason.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This front office knows what they are doing, so what we think and/or want them to do really doesn't matter. They have long since earned my trust, they're not gonna' just all the sudden crap the bed. But, sure would be nice to hear about a signing or two.

Largent80

Reaction score
Think about it. We have OUR F.A. then League F.A., then the draft and right after that OTA's and mini camps. THAT is why you aren't hearing anything.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Seaswab":e3yhpjl1 said:
Apparently we don't do that.

Except for when we re-signed Giacomini a couple of years ago, and Lynch. And when we gave Chancellor an extension early. And we did the same for Leon Washington in 2011.

In other words, we absolutely do that when all the factors come together to enable it (that is, the team has to want to prevent the player from hitting the market, the player has to want to agree to an extension without finding his value on the market, and the money has to be right for the cap and for all parties involved).

kidhawk

Reaction score
Honestly I thought we would have heard SOMETHING about a tender for Baldwin by now. It makes me wonder if they aren't working on a longer term deal in the background hoping to get it done before the signing period begins and only saving the RFA tender for the last possible moment

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Everything in it's own place and time.

I'm guessing the Seahawks UFAs feel that they should all "get paid" since they won the SB... so it'll take some time to determine their market value, especially considering the increase in the salary cap... and every UFA in the league thinking that they should get a chuck of that extra cap for themselves.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if the unexpectedly large salary cap increase might have had something to do with things as well. Maybe some players saw that and upped their asking price?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1zvw483l said:
I wonder if the unexpectedly large salary cap increase might have had something to do with things as well. Maybe some players saw that and upped their asking price?
^^^This.
Plus, I have a feeling the FO is keying on core players we will need to sign to keep in the very near future. (Thomas, Sherman,Wilson, Okung). You have to keep the core in tact. IMO, Bennett is gone and we could lose either Tate or Baldwin. We cannot pay everybody on this team. Then there is the draft.
I am still relishing in the SB victory so whatever happens is not the end all. We finally won a SB and we could win another in a year or two or three or four if the FO does their jobs like we know they can.
It's gonna be OK folks. :th2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't even get worried, they just won the title, and these guys almost always strike gold on their choices. They know what they are doing.

drdiags

Reaction score
So when is the deadline for placing tenders on restricted free agents? I am thinking it has to be by tomorrow, to allow their agents to begin talks with interested teams just like the unrestricted free agents.

I keep expecting to see an announcement that the team has tendered Baldwin and was naively hoping there would be rumblings of the completion of an extension or two for the younger guys. I don't expect McDonald or McDaniels back, though others seem to think one or both will be. Things will be much clearer come next Tuesday or more likely by next Sunday after the first wave of signings have been signed. Though in all reality, the Seahawks will not have announced anything. They like to have the signed and league approved contract in hand before going public.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2vb8tnrq said:
Seaswab":2vb8tnrq said:
Apparently we don't do that.

Except for when we re-signed Giacomini a couple of years ago, and Lynch. And when we gave Chancellor an extension early. And we did the same for Leon Washington in 2011.

In other words, we absolutely do that when all the factors come together to enable it (that is, the team has to want to prevent the player from hitting the market, the player has to want to agree to an extension without finding his value on the market, and the money has to be right for the cap and for all parties involved).

Logic and reason have no place on this forum. This place is for worry worting and passive aggressive delusion!