Interesting article on Sherman, Lynch, and Wilson

ivotuk

Reaction score
That was a really well written and interesting piece. I learned a few things and I really liked how the author looked at everything objectively.

I can relate somewhat to a tough upbringing, and while I never lived in a ghetto, I did grow up poor and was involved with some very bad people. It's so easy to make the wrong choices when one doesn't have the family or structure to help avoid those mistakes.

What these three young men went through growing up was very different but the story gives great perspective on how each one of them succeeded in life by using their own strengths.

Richard Sherman cracks me up " In high school, he’d lecture his classmates about using proper English. The gangbangers would even make fun of him for it."

Even at an early age Richard was a generaous man:

"Sherman is also quite generous. His brother has told a story about a young Richard reaching into his pocket and giving four dollars...four of the only five dollars he had…to a homeless man after they spotted him at a stoplight."

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
"........in a day in age where we’ve seen so many great men get revealed as phonies, it seems a safe bet that Russell Wilson is the real deal........".

Yep

gargantual

Reaction score
A very interesting and quite obvious observation of what a difference it can make coming from different socio-economic origins, although all three of them and their families are great success stories in their own individual ways. My hat is really off to all of them for all they've accomplished, both parents AND sons.

As a parent, this is three examples of the pinnacle of parenting, with their children succeeding and also EXCEEDING their own already commendable accomplishments. You couldn't possibly ask for more from life in my estimation.

This just increases my admiration and respect for these three awesome Seahawks!!! Although I already knew most of these details, what are great job comparing and contrasting them.

Thanks a bunch OP for pointing this out for us!