Jaguars sign Red Bryant

Decimation

Reaction score
Love you Big Red! You will bring leadership to the Jags.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Anybody here didn't think Gus wasn't chomping at the bit to acquire him? Good luck Red and thanks for all you brought to the table.

drdiags

Reaction score
Good for him. Closer to his native Texas and family. I doubt he sees the full 4 yrs but he should make a difference with the Jags and I am pulling for him and Gus. This makes it easier to wish him success since he will not be in the NFC. Tough seeing him go but if the Jaguars are in the Superbowl in the next few years, you will have to credit Big Red's influence for creating an environment in the locker room that leads to it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Glad he landed in Jacksonville instead of an NFC contender

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see the details of the contract.

Either way, Big Red will be a welcome addition to Gus's team. The Jags need some leadership.

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
Why didn't he wail til free agency to start a bidding war? Was he mad and just took a random contract? Seems strange to sign right now.

Reaction score
Jags just got a great player and a great leader. Jags fans should be very happy right now.

brettb3

Reaction score
oasis":141iolgj said:
Why didn't he wail til free agency to start a bidding war? Was he mad and just took a random contract? Seems strange to sign right now.
Teams have been able to negotiate with him since he got cut. He wasn't like a regular free agent.

drdiags

Reaction score
oasis":2nnbj4jk said:

He didn't have to wait. He was cut, thereby freeing him from his 2013 contract. Didn't have to wait until the new contract year to get offers. Teams were free to contact him early, thus the reason why he was let go prior to the influx of Free agents who still cannot sign contracts yet. If there was a bidding war, it was done in the background. The agent was aware of interested parties general contract parameters.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sorry to lose Red but you have to be Happy for him too. Is there any chance this will lessen the jags pursuit of Bennett though?

drdiags

Reaction score
If I am the Jags, I would step up my pursuit of Bennett with this signing. They now have the ability to put former college and pro team mates together who are also long time friends. That has to be an advantage recruiting-wise. Plus the Jaguars really need a lot of help with pass rush from what I have read in the past.