Odds of Baldwin going to Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I just have a feeling that after last years T. Rich trade the Colts Gm has the hair trigger to surrender a 2nd rounder for Baldwin. Baldwin a proven clutch WR, who played in the toughest division in the NFL,on a superbowl winning team, and who is coming into his prime is worth a 2nd rounder IMO. I don't know what kind of connection Doug Baldwin and Andrew Luck had in college but i remember when asked who was the better QB between RW and A. Luck Baldwin praised both equally, so you know he still has a strong respect for the Colts QB. Not to mention Doug Baldwin and T.Y. Hilton would make a tough combination to defend and Luck has shown he has no problem throwing the smaller WR's open. So if the Colts did make this move Luck would have almost a full complement of weapons at his disposal with Hilton, Baldwin, Fleener, and T.Richardson.

drrew

Reaction score
0%.

No team will offer Baldwin enough money for the Seahawks not to match and give up their second round pick.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The Richardson trade was a mistake. They need to draft, and draft well with what they have. Can't see them going after a RFA. If I had to give it a % I guess 0-3%.

drdiags

Reaction score
I thought Decker was the number 1 target for the Colts? They could use a Baldwin in the slot with TY and Decker on the outside, but will the Colts want to invest that much for 2 WRs? It will be interesting to see what happens next week when the bell rings. Colts should try to get him, with the TEs and potential WR group they would have for Luck, there would be no excuses.

They should try to get Tate at RB though but cannot give up on Richardson so soon.

EDIT: Missed a spelling error.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Quite a bit of rumors before the season that the Colts were trying to get a receiver and many speculated it was for Doug.

Owner Jim Irsay recently tweeted that the Colts are pursuing a wide receiver, and the Indianapolis Star speculates it may be Doug Baldwin. The Indy Star is just connecting dots, but they do connect. Baldwin was pushed down Seattle's depth chart following Percy Harvin's acquisition, and Baldwin played with Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and under new OC Pep Hamilton at Stanford. We suspect Seattle could net a fifth- or sixth-round pick for Baldwin.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "several teams" inquired about the trade availability of Doug Baldwin after the Seahawks acquired Percy Harvin. Per La Canfora, GM John Schneider "wouldn't even entertain" the overtures because he wants "as much depth as possible." With Harvin battling a hip tear, Schneider is looking as savvy as ever. Assuming Harvin plays this year, Baldwin will be his primary backup in the slot and Seattle's No. 4 receiver. A playmaker inside, Baldwin is scheduled for restricted free agency in 2014.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6825/doug-baldwin

lukerguy

Reaction score
Throwdown":fmotxsk7 said:
Baldwin isn't going anywhere.
I can't get to much into how I know this, but Baldwin feels extremely loved by 12th man but doesn't think FO values him; feels that if Tate re-signs, he's not in long term plans.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
They already don't have a 1st round pick, I doubt that they want to also lose their 2nd rounder

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
drdiags":gua6b4h1 said:
I thought Decker was the number 1 target for the Colts? They could use a Baldwin in the slot with TY and Decker on the outside, but will the Colts want to invest that much for 2 WRs? It will be interesting to see what happens next week when the bell rings. Colts should try to get him, with the TEs and potential WR group they would have for Luck, there would be not excuses.

They should try to get Tate at RB though but cannot give up on Richardson so soon.

I forgot to add a crazy owner who desperately wants to prove that Andrew Luck is going to be better than Peyton Manning in the post season. so I could see them going WR in free agency and draft O-line/Defense heavy. Doug Baldwin is underutilized in Seattle's scheme and would do best in the pass first offense of the Colts. I don't want it to happen but I could seriously see it happening becuase Baldwin did alot for himself this season on the biggest stages.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Let's say the Colts are desperate for WR help.

Which of these two options makes more sense:

(A) Offer Doug Baldwin a WR2 contract AND surrender their 2nd round pick to Seattle.

(B) Offer Golden Tate or Hakeem Nicks or Emmanuel Sanders the same WR2 contract AND use their 2ND ROUND PICK to DRAFT Jordan Matthews or Donte Moncrief or Martavius Bryant.

Think about it. Doug isn't going anywhere.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd be happy with a 3rd or 4th for Baldwin if we re-sign Tate. It's probably what we'd get in compensatory picks if we let we key him walk. I like Baldwin more than Tate but if there is a market for him we should take what we can get the moment we get Tate locked up. If Tate walks we should work on a long term deal for Baldwin.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lukerguy":31scjay9 said:
Throwdown":31scjay9 said:
I can't get to much into how I know this, but Baldwin feels extremely loved by 12th man but doesn't think FO values him; feels that if Tate re-signs, he's not in long term plans.
So you're trying to sell the story that a UFDA receiver isn't appreciated by an FO that tenders him for a 2nd round pick? Excuse me if I disagree.

JKent82

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1c3yketz said:
lukerguy":1c3yketz said:
Throwdown":1c3yketz said:
So you're trying to sell the story that a UFDA receiver isn't appreciated by an FO that tenders him for a 2nd round pick? Excuse me if I disagree.

It's either a second round tender and you get picks if you don't match or a UDFA tender and you get nothing if you don't match. So we tender Doug as a second rounder and if people call they can talk trade but the Seahawks hold all the cards.

Edit: Oh but those odds! Uhh I'd have said like 25% but they've already got no first and I wouldn't want less than a third, and Golden would need to come back. So like 5%. But I think the odds of him being traded to someone is 35% as I think NE is sneaky.

BASF

Reaction score
The Colts would be insane to give up any draft choices for any receiver. The fact is that they gave up more than 35 points in all but two of their losses. That team needs defensive help more than anything.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
They will have to give Luck the highest contract in the history of the world in order to pay him commiserate with his rankings. He might take the cap out all by himself. How could they afford to sign Doug and Decker? Of course its also possible that the league creates the "Lucky exception to the cap" rule allowing his salary to be cap exempt.

JMR

Reaction score
So the Colts would come right behind what looks like a bad trade for a RB to send off a 2nd round pick on a WR? That seems far fetched. Like others have said, they can just sign a FA and keep their pick or use the pick to draft one.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":31c0lhh4 said:
drdiags":31c0lhh4 said:
I thought Decker was the number 1 target for the Colts? They could use a Baldwin in the slot with TY and Decker on the outside, but will the Colts want to invest that much for 2 WRs? It will be interesting to see what happens next week when the bell rings. Colts should try to get him, with the TEs and potential WR group they would have for Luck, there would be not excuses.

I forgot to add a crazy owner who desperately wants to prove that Andrew Luck is going to be better than Peyton Manning in the post season. so I could see them going WR in free agency and draft O-line/Defense heavy. Doug Baldwin is underutilized in Seattle's scheme and would do best in the pass first offense of the Colts. I don't want it to happen but I could seriously see it happening becuase Baldwin did alot for himself this season on the biggest stages.

*Rewatches Superbowl*, that shouldn't be hard... ;)

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
0%

Best draft in years, particularly at wide out, and you don't go into it without a first or second rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.