PFT Bennet to sign with Bears....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
A player choosing more money over a lot of money and another chance at something special.

Good for him.

More money to re-sign the real corner stones of our franchise (RW, ET and RS).

JKent82

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":122gx5m5 said:
A player choosing more money over a lot of money and another chance at something special.

Good for him.

More money to re-sign the real corner stones of our franchise (RW, ET and RS).

He gets to play with his brother. That's pretty darn cool. He did something special this year, and the Bears are hardly a terrible team.

kearly

Reaction score
Well that doesn't sound good. I figured if he did leave, Chicago was the only place I could really see Seattle being at a disadvantage competing with.

I like "prove it" deals, but Seattle should have opened the checkbook for Bennett last year. Even on a bad shoulder, he produced in 2012.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Not surprising but very disappointing. Huge loss for the Hawks. Sucks.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Have to keep McDonald now, and why does this mean we'll keep Clemons. IMO we can do a lot more productive things with that cap room

davidonmi

Reaction score
By the way enjoy playing with jay cutler and never winning anything. You're time with the hawks will always be remember by me

kearly

Reaction score
Welp, here's the good news: If any other pass rusher finds he has no market, at least Seattle has some credibility now as a the kind of place "prove it deal" players want to go.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Bennet must be content after winning the Super Bowl once. Chicago sucks. Cash those checks son!

mikeak

Reaction score
kearly":12d8oi8s said:
Welp, here's the good news: If any other pass rusher finds he has no market, at least Seattle has some credibility now as a the kind of place "prove it deal" players want to go.

This was proven to every FA out there. Not just the winning but that we didn't use the franchise tag. That is a big deal and gives props to our organization. We could have screwed Bennet but did not

Jville

Reaction score
Tomorrow on @NFL_AM catch the debut of a new weekly segment with Martellus & Michael Bennett. Airs around 8:35 AM ET

— NFL Media PR (@InsideNFLMedia) March 9, 2014

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Upside is 3rd round comp for a relatively cheap 1 year deal?

HawkHouse

Reaction score
mikeak":1le651bm said:
kearly":1le651bm said:

This was proven to every FA out there. Not just the winning but that we didn't use the franchise tag. That is a big deal and gives props to our organization. We could have screwed Bennet but did not

Didn't think of that ... but it's a good point. I think our front office is a calm and collected bunch. They seem to conduct themselves within a certain boundary and I like that. Don't reach too far or give too much, but maybe go for it if it's a slam dunk (ie. Harvin, Manning).

It's kind of like dating, you're willing to give a little but don't hit your knees and beg for it because that's just a turn off ...

or so I hear, what I mean is, I've never been told that directly :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.