Golden Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Via Danny Kelly twitter: Oh, by the way, @TomPelissero hears Seahawks have a chance to re-sign Golden Tate too. Seems the WR market isn't great this year

jblaze

Reaction score
Yep, timing is everything. Huge WR draft and a lot of #2 WR types in free agency equals weak market especially with the relatively cheap CBA rookie 4 year contracts.

Thinking Tate 4.5m/yr over 4 years.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Funny way to word it, since Tate has said he would take less to stay here the entire time. I have no doubt they are working on his deal as we speak. Unless some other team really comes in and overpays Tate, I doubt he will go anywhere.

Throwdown

Reaction score
WELL thats good news.

I was in the camp of we will survive without Golden, but if we can get him back I'm all for it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I would have to think re-signing both Bennett and Tate would dampen the possibility of Baldwin getting an extension this year. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. A lot of interconnected pieces here.

Cartire

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3nt6kq2b said:
I would have to think re-signing both Bennett and Tate would dampen the possibility of Baldwin getting an extension this year. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. A lot of interconnected pieces here.

It could benefit Baldwin in the long run though. Next year is his actual UFA year. If he keeps on escalating his game like he has since he's been here, he'll stand a real good chance of getting paid next year. And he has to know this, it will be baldwins contract year, and that could be a real treat for hawk fans next year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't think an extension for Baldwin was ever REALLY in the cards for this year. We just don't usually see the Hawks extend their RFAs to long term deals.

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't know. I think he'd be more expensive this year than next. This past year he was our #2 and had good numbers but only because Percy and Sidney were hurt.

If he stays this year on a RFA tender and plays next to Percy, Tate and a big WR draftee, his numbers will decline and we may be able to sign him next year at a lesser number as a UFA.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The pieces are just about to start falling into place.

Piece #1... re-signing Bennett... maybe later today.
Piece #2... judging the market for Tate. If soft, re-sign Tate for 3 years at ~$3.5M/year.
Piece #3... deciding if we can afford to keep Clem at a lesser salary. I don't see the Hawks paying him $7.5M this year (cap hit $9.67M)
Piece #4... negotiating with Baldwin to see if we can lock him up for at least 3 years.
Piece #5... deciding if we can afford Miller at his current salary ($6M, cap hit $7M).

ivotuk

Reaction score
jblaze":oydali9s said:
Yep, timing is everything. Huge WR draft and a lot of #2 WR types in free agency equals weak market especially with the relatively cheap CBA rookie 4 year contracts.

Thinking Tate 4.5m/yr over 4 years.

I think this is spot on. I could see them offering ADB 3.5 over 4 years, leave Zach where he is and talk to Clemons about a restructure.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they have something else up their sleeve and do the above but leave Clemon's contract as it is. Well actually it would surprise me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dtowers":1hzhe9gf said:
Via Danny Kelly twitter: Oh, by the way, @TomPelissero hears Seahawks have a chance to re-sign Golden Tate too. Seems the WR market isn't great this year

Wow, that's really going out on a limb Kelly.

BREAKING: "The Hawks have a chance to resign Golden!!!!!!!"

OP
OP
Dtowers

Dtowers

Reaction score
Considering it is the first really inkling about Tate's chances to re-sign figured it was a good jumping off point.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we all kind of knew that the WR market had some things pressing down this season, from the deep draft class to the FA market being a bit glutted.

I'll take it, though. If we could re-sign Tate for a reasonable deal, that would be....well....golden. ;)

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I like Tate, always thought it was a necessary re-sign even more than Baldwin.

I'm all about some Golden, love me that YAC.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Man if we get Tate for $4m or less and Bennett for $8m, I might have to have another child, so I can name them after Schneider.

OP
OP
Dtowers

Dtowers

Reaction score
sutz":2aori0wh said:
Well, we all kind of knew that the WR market had some things pressing down this season, from the deep draft class to the FA market being a bit glutted.

I'll take it, though. If we could re-sign Tate for a reasonable deal, that would be....well....golden. ;)

True. This is more than just a fan speculating by looking at the market though at least that is how I read it. I read the "seems like the market isn't great" as commentary by Kelly. The "has a chance to re-sign Tate" I think may be based on nothing or may be based on something substantial. Just figured it was worth a discussion.

OP
OP
Dtowers

Dtowers

Reaction score
suppaball":2fgxa3kl said:
Bennett is done so Tate is sure to follow, just a matter of time.

Tate or the MCD's first?

I have a feeling Pete Carroll would rather lock up his defense than Tate but I really would love Tate back.

Status
Not open for further replies.