TE McCoy re-signed today!

jblaze

Reaction score
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 3m

TE Anthony McCoy has agreed to terms to stay in Seattle with the #Seahawks, per a league source.

What does this mean for Miller? Hmmmm...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jblaze":2eyr6wdm said:
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 3m

TE Anthony McCoy has agreed to terms to stay in Seattle with the #Seahawks, per a league source.

What does this mean for Miller? Hmmmm...

Not sure it means much other than the Kellen Davis era is over.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is great news. He was turning into an awesome #2 TE in 2012 and it sucked that we lost him last year. With him and Willson, we now have some solid TE options whether or not Miller stays.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
I think this probably puts the TE Jermichael Finley rumors to rest.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2z5nmg5g said:
This is great news. He was turning into an awesome #2 TE in 2012 and it sucked that we lost him last year. With him and Willson, we now have some solid TE options whether or not Miller stays.

Agreed. McCoy was the forgotten man this year. If he can put it together, he's a solid #2. Depending on the numbers, this is a quality signing.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2nowiyza said:
HawkFan72":2nowiyza said:

Agreed. McCoy was the forgotten man this year. If he can put it together, he's a solid #2. Depending on the numbers, this is a quality signing.

Glad they re-signed him. Probably didn't cost too much. Not surprised he was forgotten by fans being waived (injury designation) then went on IR after clearing waivers.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Is he our #3 or does this mean that Zach Miller is gone? Interesting.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
I always thought McCoy was a pretty good blocker. Maybe he could bulk up a bit and be our blocker while Willson would be our pass catcher.

I have a hard time thinking they'd sign McCoy to be their #3 TE.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
miller is gone if he's not going to restructure. However I can't imagine there's a huge market for him for a deal any better than what we'd be willing to restructure too. So that begs the question - are we just not that into him?

You know luke willson is going nowhere, he was a huge part of the team last year for being a rookie 5th rounder. You can tell they have a lot of faith in him. It might just be they ahve the experience in mccoy and potential in luke that they are willing to move on.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They went into OTAs with Miller, Willson and McCoy last year. I don't think this necessarily tells us anything about Miller. Kellen Davis saw plenty of reps last year, so there's room for three solid TEs.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I hope it was for more than 1 year. a 2-3 year contract would be nice for a solid backup TE.

Jville

Reaction score
This signing make so much sense for all concerned. He came in and signed early which is a good signal. All in for 2014.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would say that the signing of McCoy is a great thing. However, it is gonna be more interesting come OTA time. Remember that the team motto is always comPETE. We may get another in FA or in the draft just to compete.

Maxman186

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":m1yvbhmi said:
I would say that the signing of McCoy is a great thing. However, it is gonna be more interesting come OTA time. Remember that the team motto is always comPETE. We may get another in FA or in the draft just to compete.

We did sign Travis Beckum already

kearly

Reaction score
He's had some pretty bad struggles in pass pro, but at his size and athleticism that could change suddenly. He showed glimpses of receiving production in 2012. On a cheap deal he's a no-brainer. If he shows development as a blocker in the preseason it could give Seattle the leverage they need to approach Miller with a restructure attempt, should they choose to do it.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
Maxman186":2e62wn5m said:
Seahawkfan80":2e62wn5m said:

We did sign Travis Beckum already

Oooh, I forgot about that. He was a pretty good looking player before he got hurt.

Maybe McCoy/Willson fight for the #1 with Beckum at the #3 and we're set pretty inexpensively.

We were last in the NFL in TE pass yardage, can't get much less. However, yes I understand we're a run first offense and our TE's are expected to block, blah, blah, blah. But it would be nice to stretch the seam a bit every once in a while.

Get a good RT in the draft, let Breno walk, and maybe you don't need extra blocking as much. Or do like they did in the playoffs and have a 6th OL.

gabel

Reaction score
Is he our #3 or does this mean that Zach Miller is gone? Interesting.

Maybe it puts them in a much better negotiating position with Zach.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Good call on Beckum...I forgot. Thanks. And it does give us a little bit more leverage, too. We did use the TE a few times as described and they did make plays as a receiver once in a while. I think if we do like last year and show mostly edge passing, a TE could sneak in the middle and catch for a few yards here and there.