Thurmond to VISIT Jags

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder what the contract looks like? Someone just signed with the NY Giants, stupid KIRO is teasing who though.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 1m
Clarification on Walter Thurmond and Willie Young: The two are visiting Jacksonville.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Can someone clarify if he's in stage 2 or stage 3 of the substance abuse program?

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":29nol9xf said:
drdiags":29nol9xf said:
I wonder what the contract looks like? Someone just signed with the NY Giants, stupid KIRO is teasing who though.
Do you mean O'Brien Schofield?

Yeah, I saw that topic after I finished posting this one. Things are hot and heavy.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2umxgk6i said:
Pretty obvious choice, not a big loss imo. He looked pretty bad in the playoffs.

Seattle gave up 16, 17, and 8 points in the playoffs. He clearly wasn't that bad.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not surprised I hope he gets a good offer. I liked him. With everyone raiding us it's time for the new class to step in. This almost feels like what a college team has to deal with.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I posted this in the 'feed' thread but...

walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 6s
People talk to much. I haven't signed anything yet. I'm just taking a visit. The fact of the matter though, anything could happen.

Largent80

Reaction score
We waited and supported WT3 for all these years and what does he do?....Gets suspended again......See ya.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd keep him on a 2 year value contract, with a drug clauses thrown in. I wouldn't want to go any longer, as we have a log jam at CB and I want to see how well some of the younger guys progress.

He was pretty damned good in the slot, and can move outside when needed. I've heard some rate him as the best nickle CB in the league, and our coaching staff has always felt he has the talent to play outside as well. That's a rare CB that can do both.

Atradees

Reaction score
Thurmond. Hopefully gets a big deal. Other free agents will take notice of how to cash in post Superbowl.

We got three guys can do what he does.

Exittium

Reaction score
Imo It was WT3 the reason why we didn't get to enjoy a shutout in the SB. I specifically remember leasing up to their only TD that he ran into Kam, so neither of them could cover either.. Decker or welker which them up for a 1st down. SO no loss.. He disappears to much and being suspended 1 time each of the last what 2 yes.. No thanks