Toast of the NFL...

jake206

Reaction score
Seahawks backups getting snatched up like its Black Friday or somethin..... And they be getting paid $$.

Highlordb

Reaction score
just goes to show how strong our depth truly was last year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Giants fans are flipping out about how Schofield is getting $8 million only one year after being cut by the Cardinals and playing as a backup in Seattle.

haha

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2nuzmhez said:
Giants fans are flipping out about how Schofield is getting $8 million only one year after being cut by the Cardinals and playing as a backup in Seattle.

haha

I would be too. I think he's really overpaid. I think he can earn that contract, but he sure hasn't as of yet.

McDonald's contract seems like good value. 5.5 sacks from the 3 tech spot in a rotational role is pretty darned good really. Thing I like is that teams are spending all this money; it will start to dry up soon.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3o1ac82a said:

haha

This one really is a head scratcher. I liked what I seen from him but from what I understand he had the least amount of snaps of anyone on our D. Add that to being outright released by AZ and that is a enormous amount to pay.

Bright spot though, you don't pay him that much and then not play him. He will be a role player for them and that means we should see a decent comp pick assuming we don't replace him with someone similar in FA ourselves.

Gotta love the prospects of comp picks for next year. These guys could net us some pretty nice picks and plenty of them.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wouldn't bag too much on the Schofield signing. There was talk around here how he could have been a good candidate to move in as a starting LEO, or at least provide a strong backup if we had to cut Clemons. And this wasn't just on this forum. The NY Giants may have paid a little much based on a projection they see, but they are losing some folks in their DL and their LBs weren't all that either.

Good for OB to get what he could as well as having a ring to show as well. Kudos to him.

Basis4day

Reaction score
NYG fan forum thread on him is 29 pgs deep already.

kearly

Reaction score
Schofield looked really good when he did play, both here and in AZ. Fans are dumb if they are doubting him for reasons like those. I'm surprised he got that much money, but I kinda think he's worth it. Quality player when he started, good vs. run and pass, scheme diverse. I was really hoping we'd get him back cheap.