Clemons, Ware, Allen, or Peppers?

which elder pass rusher should the hawks go after?

• Clemons (restructure)

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Ware

Votes: 40 30.5%
  • Allen

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • Peppers

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think it's almost a given that we will go after one of these guys, just curious about who .net would be most interested in.

For me my head says Ware but my heart says Allen.

bryantology79

Reaction score
allen for sure....i was just telling a buddy, what if JS grabs 2 out of the 3? like how he got bennett and avril last year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2wj9m5pw said:
I think it's almost a given that we will go after one of these guys, just curious about who .net would be most interested in.

Damn! What are the parameters? Prove it deal? Avril deal? Something more involved? Without this I must abstain. Or what if we grab ALL three on bargain 1 year deals like Marshall Faulk suggested Denver do on NFLN?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ware or Allen (1a and 1b), followed by Clem, no to Peppers unless he is the last man standing and plays for peanuts.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":39ahxz20 said:
Hawknballs":39ahxz20 said:

Damn! What are the parameters? Prove it deal? Avril deal? Something more involved? Without this I must abstain.

I'm thinking it really only makes sense for a 1 year deal in the 4-5m range. it might be unrealistic to get them at that price but that is the deal John Clayton mentioned on 710 today.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3idfd2rz said:

Damn! What are the parameters? Prove it deal? Avril deal? Something more involved? Without this I must abstain.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
I love the idea of Jared Allen on a short deal. Guy has a motor on him that is like nothing I have ever seen. He seems like a natural fit in the PNW. Fishing, Hunting, World Championships. Thoughts?

drdiags

Reaction score
Okay, I finally chose Allen in one of these scenarios. Ware would be my first choice but I wonder about his health. Jared seems to hold up better health-wise. Either would be disruptive.

If sentiments are considered, I would take Clemons on a restructure, since he is part of the dwindling veteran presence from a few years ago.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Love Allen on a 3 year $18m freak that we can cut after 2 if he falls off. Clem if going to have to take much less this year's DE market is flooded with 30+ guys.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
If we're just talking about who would be the best, easily Ware.

Factoring cap, it's between Ware & Allen or a restructuring Clemons. If Allen wants something similar to Ware, I would pay the little bit more to get Ware than have Allen and it doesn't seem Allen is to be had for that cheap either. Ware is getting a ton of attention right now, so I'm goona assume he's not goona come for a decent price either. I really really want Ware. Dude is still a monster and one of the best pass rushers of all time.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Assuming they all play for I donno... 6 million dollars? Ware, Allen, *slight drop off*, Clem, Peppers. I'd still be pretty happy with Peppers, though. Would be excited for any of the four.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":14a7h531 said:
MizzouHawkGal":14a7h531 said:
Hawknballs":14a7h531 said:

I'm thinking it really only makes sense for a 1 year deal in the 4-5m range. it might be unrealistic to get them at that price but that is the deal John Clayton mentioned on 710 today.
Hard choice between Allen and Ware. I go with with Allen because he's more durable. Though Ware has more spike possibility.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
But all that aside I prefer that Clemons restructures, he's been here and still performs just fine. It's just that his cap number is too high.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Schefter is saying that the Donkeys have emerged as the faves to get Ware. Allen may be back in play for us.

Wartooth

Reaction score
It's looking like Allen is in serious discussions with the Donko's.
Can Ware even pass a physical?
Peppers...He got pushed around a lot in Chicago, Nope.
I doubt Clem is going to draw a lot of attention, they know who he is.
If he willing restructure to stay...Clem.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":nnw1qved said:
We re-signed Bennett. I don't want anymore money spent on pass rushers.

Sign Earl or Sherman!

/buzzkill
You do know that's in the works already? Extensions happen after the draft usually if we're talking about premier players.