Seahawks interested in Jared Allen

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Per Schefter

@AdamSchefter 2m
While Denver focuses on DeMarcus Ware…Vikings free-agent DE Jared Allen is talking with the Bears and Seattle Seahawks, per league source.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3uecqn6d said:
Seems he will only sign at a "certain" price. It's not likely we meet it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jared Allen needs the Seahawks more than the Seahawks need him. However if the price is right for the Seahawks then signing Allen doesn't hurt.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2xwwjogh said:
MizzouHawkGal":2xwwjogh said:

After the Bennett deal I am not steadfast in my opinion.:)

It's entirely possible they pull a Avril/Bennett deal again. You can't ever discount what's possible with this FO ever.

Gametime

Reaction score
Chicago for the money.

Hawks for the wins.

Totally depends on what Jared wants to accomplish.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Don't really know what this means in terms of us possibly signing him but.... (Broncos now favorite to land DeMarcus Ware, so...)

Despite his age (31), defensive end Jared Allen deserves consideration at the top of the pass-rusher market. And it’s his insistence to be paid accordingly that could make it hard to find a new home.

Per a league source, the Broncos definitely have interest in the former Chiefs and Vikings standout. However, the concern is that he wants too much money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-broncos/

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Gametime":huscllmd said:
Chicago for the money.

Hawks for the wins.

Totally depends on what Jared wants to accomplish.

He'd have a chance to face Minnesota 2x too.. but I'd have to think he'd much prefer Seattle to Chicago if he had the choice

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Would rather have demarcus ware but I'd still swap Allen for Clemons in a heartbeat.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Would love to see Allen here. Our pass rush was deadly last year without him, add him to the mix and Kaepernick might demand a trade.

CPHawk

Reaction score
On the Mitch in the morning show, a guy journalist from Minnesota said he believe Allen is willing to take 2-4 million. Said he has been smart with his money and has saved or invested most of it, and it's about winning now, not money for him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ggjwp0zr said:
Hasselbeck":ggjwp0zr said:
MizzouHawkGal":ggjwp0zr said:

After the Bennett deal I am not steadfast in my opinion.:)

It's entirely possible they pull a Avril/Bennett deal again. You can't ever discount what's possible with this FO ever.

This could be a perfect storm for these guys. You really have 3 All Pro pass rushers, 3 of the 4 active leading sack artists in the league, all on the wrong side of 30 and in FA at the same time. I don't know if that's ever happened, but it's going to hurt their market value. Denver can have a hard on for Ware all they want, they don't have the cap room that a lot of other teams have. They can't afford to overpay Ware.

If you're a defensive guy, and you want to win a ring....where do you go ? I keep hearing analysts talk about going to Denver to win a ring, but if it were me, I'd want to play on this defense and for Pete. We get WAY more FA buzz and talk about how guys want to play here than Denver does.

Penman96

Reaction score
He loves Minnesota, be wont disrespect the fans and city by jumping to a division rival like Chicago. Plus he wants a ring, no chance in Chicago.

Jared will be a Seahawk in the next day or two - I'm totally convinced of it.

Atradees

Reaction score
He is 31 and had 11.5 sacks last year. Three years and 21 million 12 guaranteed. Wild guess. :229031_thewave:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Atradees":1s3lud4s said:
He is 31 and had 11.5 sacks last year. Three years and 21 million 12 guaranteed. Wild guess. :229031_thewave:

All the while being double and triple teamed. Here he will be going one on one.

McGruff

Reaction score
JA makes too much sense not to be a Seahawk. His driveand off kilter personality fit this team to a T

nwgamer

Reaction score
Atradees":lnt4aiwf said:

Yah and the year before he had 18.5 when the team was winning more games. We inquired about a trade for in October before the trade deadline... so did Denver. I think we fits very well here and I believe we get an awesome contract with the guy.