I really HATE the salary cap.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
WE have the richest owner in the league and cannot keep a dynasty alive because of it.
Damn the Cowboys and Whiners of yesteryear.
Who is with me here?

But.....We are the reigning SB champions!!!!!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
On the other hand, the salary cap is what brought guys like Avril and Bennett to our doorstep.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I will definitely miss some of the guys who are gone, but I am far from thinking this run is over. We've still got TONS of talent on this team and we've yet to make our free agency moves or draft picks. Keep the faith

Largent80

Reaction score
The reason I hate it is they don't put a cap on how much a player can get. That makes it very lopsided towards a handful of players getting money while others don't. But, it is the same for all.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Patriots, anyone??? The salary cap is an excuse when good teams pay the wrong players. A dynasty is indeed possible.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
The good thing, everyone else has to stick to it too, and we can beat everyone else ;)

Xarbx425

Reaction score
Honestly, lets trust PC and JS just a little bit here, I think they've earned it. They won't let any pieces go they don't think are either replaceable or expendable.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2q99ni8t said:
WE have the richest owner in the league and cannot keep a dynasty alive because of it.
Damn the Cowboys and Whiners of yesteryear.
Who is with me here?

But.....We are the reigning SB champions!!!!!!

We need to win another SB before we can even talk about dynasties.

That said, I don't see how anything that has occurred this offseason is a major roadblock in our quest for another ring.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I disagree. The cap makes the game more exciting and fair. MLB needs a cap.

brettb3

Reaction score
What are you talking about? The dynasty is just getting started.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Yeah....I am not technically panicking but can you imagine how stacked this team would be if the owner could just spend?
The thing I am wondering about has more to do with the draft quality of the WRs this year and if they let Tate and Baldwin go then there must be somebody on their radar.
Personally I cannot wait until the draft...It will be very exciting to say the least and I have incredible confidence in P&J in that regard. :)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Not me. A dynasty shouldn't be bought (Yankees, anyone?). The cap keeps the league competitive.

Atradees

Reaction score
I hate the NY Yankees and Miami Heat.

The salary cap keeps the league competitive so teams dont go out and buy all the talent.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Blame the damn owners for the salary cap- some strange "third party" didn't dream it up- they have don eit to themselves, they could have a lot frrer spending if they were not worried about management of the League to the Norm- ie they would be alot happier with a league dominated by 7-8 , 8-8 and 9-8 teams records AND all but two teams making the first round of the playoffs- don't laugh me off- that IS exactly where they are heading. You think they want to add the enxt wild card team "for the good of the fans"?

M.M.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
The salary cap is one of the biggest reasons that NFL football is the most watched and popular sport in the world. You really think getting rid of the cap is the right call? You really like watching the high money teams be better then everybody else on almost a yearly basis in baseball? That's boring and stupid. The system is right the way it is.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I love the cap. The NFL is equal opportunity...... without it we would have MLB.

jblaze

Reaction score
Caps are good for professional sports and parity. The MLB needs a cap. The Yankees have a single player than makes more than the entire Marlins team, that's just stupid.

The salary cap puts a premium on intelligence and prudence. Both attributes PC and JS have in spades. We thrive in this environment so it actually works in our favor.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":bv6zcxz5 said:
Yeah....I am not technically panicking but can you imagine how stacked this team would be if the owner could just spend?
The thing I am wondering about has more to do with the draft quality of the WRs this year and if they let Tate and Baldwin go then there must be somebody on their radar.
Personally I cannot wait until the draft...It will be very exciting to say the least and I have incredible confidence in P&J in that regard. :)

And maybe the Seahawks never ascend to the top if teams like the Saints, Packers, Steelers and Giants were able to sign and re-sign everyone under the sun.