Wide Receivers

MrNorseman

Reaction score
Is there anyone worth going after in free agency?

Make a trade? For who?

Or stick with what is being considered a deep WR draft class? Take a guy early or stick with under the radar types like Baldwin and Kearse?

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't know. I would love to try and talk Steve Smith into chasing a ring here this year and draft a WR though. He's a tough sob.

canucklhead

Reaction score
IF he's healthy I could see them offering Hakeem Nicks one of those "prove yourself again" 1 year deals.....and if he doesn't get a long term offer elsewhere at big money he takes it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If they're serious about Finley, use him as a situational big WR. Draft another guy. Harvin, Baldwin, and Kearse are the presumed starters. Lockette for depth. Maybe consider Rice as a cheap, situational guy if Finley is too expensive. Done.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Harvin, Kearse and Baldwin are the only locks. I'm ok with just drafting and letting camp sort it out.

Throwdown

Reaction score
James Jones out of GB is a little older, but I think he should at least get a look.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
No big name receivers but plenty of receivers who are worth a flier when the dust settles.

Nicks, Britt, Lafell, Holmes and Rice.

The draft is fairly great too and our biggest need is WR and OL.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Hope big balls Pete makes a play on Mike Evans, myself. I can dream right?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't really like any of the recognizable names unless they can be had for minimum contracts, which won't happen. Why would we bother letting Tate go if we're just going to offer 3/4 of that money to some lesser vet? I'm fine with Rice or Finley since they're both coming off injury and will likely be cheap. Let's just go to the draft.

Largent80

Reaction score
:pukeface: to all the F.A wr's.

we are officially in deep doo-doo in WR dept. To rely on the draft?....not so good.

Anthony!

Reaction score
What we do to replace Tate and improve the o-line and WR is going to go a long way into what happens with RW.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
King Dog":wli6tmqx said:
I don't know. I would love to try and talk Steve Smith into chasing a ring here this year and draft a WR though. He's a tough sob.

Steve Smith on a 1-2 year deal that is reasonable works for me. A deal that Seattle could get out of after 1 year without any significant cap penalties would be ideal. He could play the #2 role vacated by Tate with the same tenacity at a fraction of the price Tate just got paid. If Smith is wanting a ring, we offer that opportunity. This would leave only the #1 receiver position to look at upgrading and if a guy like Mike Evans happens to be there in the late teens (may not happen), I could see Seattle going up and getting him. Unfortunately, we have done nothing to address the O-Line in Free Agency so that is going to be a big aspect of the draft for us as well. Bring in Allen if his demands aren't unreasonable and Steve Smith. Throw in Hatcher and McDaniel on 2 year deals, restructure Miller and sign Finley to a 1 year prove it deal if he checks out medically. Go into the draft looking at big bodied receivers, O-Line and depth on defense.

Mike Evans & Steve Smith as the #1/#2. Percy Harvin in the slot and moved around to create confusion and mismatches. Baldwin as the #4 who can spell Smith in the #2 role when necessary and Kearse as a stud #5. Miller, McCoy and Willson as the main TE's with Finley playing both positions depending on the situation. Evans and Finley on the outside with Miller & McCoy/Willson at TE in the red zone. Of course, this is me day dreaming. RT obviously needs to be addressed. I like Bailey and Bowie as guards and they very well could be our starters next year. We still need another guard for depth/competition/veteran leadership and another tackle or two for depth as well. Ideally, the RT we snag is capable of sliding over to the left side if/when Okung goes down with his annual injury, so snagging a stud for the RT position and another very good RT would be ideal. I'd think about using KJ Wright as trade bait to bring someone in if we don't plan on extending him.

McGruff

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3d9mlfvo said:
No big name receivers but plenty of receivers who are worth a flier when the dust settles.

Nicks, Britt, Lafell, Holmes and Rice.

The draft is fairly great too and our biggest need is WR and OL.

I could see us adding 3-4 of those guys to the pile and seeing what happens.

OP
OP
MrNorseman

MrNorseman

Reaction score
Yeah no one really intrigues me in Free Agency. Nicks is probably the only one. But I think he is still going to get more money than we would have to pay a rookie.

I would not mind seeing Marqise Lee if we could get him in the second round

I like Kelvin Benjamin too. kinda raw but can't teach that size