Awful quiet

Largent80

Reaction score
Seems the Hawks are working up some deals as we have nothing going on except being gutted by the cap and other teams.

I am patient and believe in the FO, but damn, it sure would be nice to see something getting done.

McGruff

Reaction score
0-4 on our own free agents since free agency opened, and no one new signed.

Sure, its frustrating, but other than Maragos there is not a single contract signed by our guys that I would've wanted us to match.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Same story last year. We traded for Percy, but didn't make any other impact signings until late in free agency when the bargains were available. Don't see a problem with it.

And we re-signed Bennett.

nwgamer

Reaction score
McGruff":s7q896lz said:
Sure, its frustrating, but other than Maragos there is not a single contract signed by our guys that I would've wanted us to match.

:13: Suxors but hey. JS has been two steps ahead of the league for a while now. No reason to think he's lost it now. Sheesh. Typical... Want it all and want it NOW.

McGruff

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2r513kyo said:
Same story last year. We traded for Percy, but didn't make any other impact signings until late in free agency when the bargains were available. Don't see a problem with it.

Technically we extended Bennett before he reached Free Agency.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Signing Bennett was HUGE. Golden Tate can go. Bennett mattered.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2zvdnlzx said:

We resigned Bennett which is great but also lost Bryant, Schofield and McDaniel. we just lost our best receiver from last year, and also #1 punt returner.

MVP53

Reaction score
Sit back and let other teams spend the stupid money before making your move.

That's been GB's MO for years and looks to be the Hawks MO now.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Largent80":2uf3wi6t said:
DavidSeven":2uf3wi6t said:

We resigned Bennett which is great but also lost Bryant, Schofield and McDaniel. we just lost our best receiver from last year, and also #1 punt returner.

LOL we're not done yet.. The Hawks didn't want Tate, McDaniel is very replacable (Scruggs, Hill,). Patience, we didn't release Clemons because Paul Allen is trying to save money..

randomation

Reaction score
There are a lot of players in the draft who can fill Tate's role at punt returner at a fraction of the cost and are still quite serviceable receivers. Abby OBJ and a bunch of others.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
We lost McDonald. McDaniel is still in the works.
The sky is falling!!! Oh, nos!!!!! :p
I will say though that losing Tate is gonna sting. Who will return punts now?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Did I say I was freaking out or the sky is falling?.....Damn, just searching for something positive, but never mind.

Bye

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3k4qbp1e said:
DavidSeven":3k4qbp1e said:

Technically we extended Bennett before he reached Free Agency.

Um no. Technically speaking his contract ended with the 2013 league year. He was resigned as a UFA in the exclusive window preceding the 2014 league year.

I'm actually excited with the UFA period thus far. We've lost guys, but at positions where we had imminent talent to replace them

1. McDonald (Hill/Williams)
2. Tate (Kearse/Baldwin)
3. Schofield (Mayowa)
4. Maragos (Shead)

Even looking forward:

1. Giacomini (Bowie)
2. Thurmond (Lane/Simon)
3. McDaniel (Scruggs/Williams)

Seattle has talent at it's depth. Talent that is waiting for opportunity. Guys that I'm excited to see what they can bring. I honestly don't see any of these positions we've lost players as being 'need' positions where we would feel obligated to use a high draft choice to replace. I am looking forward to seeing these new guys play.

The best deals are done after the shockwave of the first day subsides. We are right where we as fans should want to be. Losing guys at positions we are already in a position to reload. Opening up UFA and draft possibilities. We aren't in a position we are forced to patch a hole.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":1stfnwuj said:
Did I say I was freaking out or the sky is falling?.....Damn, just searching for something positive, but never mind.

Bye
Rob, tongue out emote? Dude, seriously, I wasn't trying to get ya upset or anything. Sorry. :(

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I guess I am not so much depressed at the loss of these guys, as I am jacked up to see just what the FO has in store for us this year!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Re-signing Bennett was by far the most important move of this off-season as far as keeping a player that could leave. We also just re-signed McDaniel. I think the priorities are in the right place. Extending Earl or Sherm would also be huge. Until we do those latter two things - we can't make huge splashes in FA. As for the players we lost, Tate may hurt but if Harvin is healthy, you won't notice at all.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3qmgn1mi said:
Signing Bennett was HUGE. Golden Tate can go. Bennett mattered.
Are you really suggesting that Tate didn't matter?

BamKam

Reaction score
I would say the biggest disapointment so far is McDonald, other than that, not really sure why people are making a fuss.

Clemons, Bryant, Rice, and possible Miller were all good as gone unless they restructured of some sort. If people were caught off guard from any one of those I have no idea why. Tate demanded too much money for the Seahawks to pay, especially since he wanted a longer term deal.

I could have sworn a few weeks ago people were completely expecting to lose most if not all of these players and all of a sudden since they are officially gone it is different?

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Why don't people remember that we have Golden Tate's replacement already???? His name is Percy Harvin