What I have learned.

TAB420

Reaction score
I have been a Seahawk fan since 87 and every year "pre Carroll and Schneider" Seattle would try to fill the needs of the team by overpaying free agents only to have them not pan out or leave a few years later for greener pastures. Sure we picked up a few great FA thats worked well for us the last couple years but this team and most great teams are build through the draft. I know its easy to get antsy and want action but this team will be built even better through the draft and are new stars will come with a cap friendly rookie contract for the next five years.

This is the only way these days to stay successful and within the cap numbers. If we don't want to rebuild every 5 years we have to reload a little every year.

P.S.................Seahawks Won The Superbowl................................

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
Yes, you are absolutely correct. Every player we have lost is either on the decline or a product of the system. Were going to fill all of these spots with young hungry players that still have upside and plenty to prove, I love it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yup, if we keep refreshing every 5 years with a bunch of no names and it means we have more championship runs, than big name stars and under achieving year after year. I'm sure we all know what we'd rather have. Big name stars, Championship Rings, and staying under the salary cap. You can only have two of the three.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
TAB420":mzkom7hn said:
I have been a Seahawk fan since 87 and every year "pre Carroll and Schneider" Seattle would try to fill the needs of the team by overpaying free agents only to have them not pan out or leave a few years later for greener pastures. Sure we picked up a few great FA thats worked well for us the last couple years but this team and most great teams are build through the draft. I know its easy to get antsy and want action but this team will be built even better through the draft and are new stars will come with a cap friendly rookie contract for the next five years.

This is the only way these days to stay successful and within the cap numbers. If we don't want to rebuild every 5 years we have to reload a little every year.

Well said. :229031_thewave:

Penman96

Reaction score
Pete Carroll should be used to replacing players and still winning, he regularly swapped out a quarter of his team at USC every year and still got results for a decade or so. With John Schneider continually finding talent to feed the system, we should get used to two things;

1) Change
2) Success

Count me in as very happy with what has been accomplished here over the last 4 years and +1000 roster moves.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TAB420":2kmt5vf8 said:

Exactly correct. The way Pete has this team built seems exactly like an elite college team, always reloading never actually rebuilding.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
This is what people should expect from our FO. What we should get used too. Is everyone on .Net, whining about every player that doesn't get resigned.