Will the Hawks be better or worse next year?

Will the Hawks be better or worse next year?

• Yes the FO will build an even stronger team in FA and draft for next year.

Votes: 84 78.5%
  • No the FA losses, the cuts and lower draft picks mean we will struggle next year to be as good.

Votes: 23 21.5%

• Total voters

Rainger

Reaction score
Well the sky is falling angst is out in force cause we lost Tate and others. The team is in a tail spin. While others were on .net going nuts about what is happening in FA. I just got my Blue Ray of the 2013 season. (I live in Canada) snailmail.

I sat down with my Super bowl Stein christened it with my first beer in it and watched the whole DVD and had tears in my eyes over and over again thinking about how great this last year of being a Seahawk fan has been. Drop the angst people, stay in the moment, we won the SB and we are odds on favorites to win it again regardless of this FA stuff. That should give you a calm through the whole next year.

You know what, I know it is hard to repeat. But I am calm. I actually think the team will be better next year than this. I think the offense is going to take large strides forward. I think the FO is going to build the O line through the draft and we will actually have a better WR class next year when we add to Harvin, Kearse and Baldwin. I don't believe that the FA loses have hurt us at all.

Pete and John know what they are doing. They would not release Red and Clem and let others move on unless they have a plan to get even better. The coaching staff is in tact (yes that is a blessing and a curse sometimes with Bevell) and the foundations, the core of the team are still together. We are not falling apart!

I for one will predict right now that the next years team will be even stronger than this last one, that does not mean losses or bad breaks or missing out on the SB, but we will dominate more teams next year than the many close games we had this year. Mark my words.

What's your take?? Are you positive or negative???

byau

Reaction score
What were the 2013 Seahawks? A team of misfits, a team of finds, a team of unheralded.

And by winning the Super Bowl they became the heralded.

And so it goes back to finding those misfits and unheralded players.

I would be very surprised if PC/JS did not anticipate this and had already scouted their own players, drafts, and others around the league

Not to mention as there are players that leave the Hawks because they can get that payday, I'm sure there are just as many who will want to join the Hawks to help make a name and/or win a Super Bowl

davidonmi

Reaction score
yeah cause we can really judge two days into free agency :roll:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
People who panic this early can't be taken seriously, thats not even logical. Think people, it's not hard.

Did the Seahawks just win the Super Bowl or not? Were in good hands, step away from your keyboard for a few months.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
losing tate is a loss of talent. Losing some of these other guys is a marginal loss of talent while adding neccessary cap space to pay guys that are game changers, who can be replaced with talent ranging from slightly below to above what we were getting before.

it's not like we lost a top tier CB, LT, QB or something.

Aside from Tate and Giacomini we lost guys who are generally part time players.

If there is one part of the game this hurts in it's special teams; when your FA's get raided you have to move guys up or move guys in, and that only serves to make you thinner and less experienced at the ST portion of the depth chart.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You know there is a middle ground between one of the better teams to win a SB and "struggling to win" right?

I think we are not going to be as good, and that is to be expected.

Didn't the Seahawks just cement themselves as one of the better teams to EVER play in a SB? Somewhere in the top 10 if not the top five?

So how in the world can we expect to lose players and not experience a little less power?

Also, how much fire is left in that "I'm In" reservoir and do you think that every player will make the same kinds of sacrifices to reach the ring once they have it already? Maybe, maybe winning like that feeds a fire that has to be constantly fed - but it takes a lot of work and sacrifice. How long is reasonable to ask from people that already delivered?

I think losing players, losing drive, and some of the other teams getting better means we likely will get worse. I highly, highly doubt we will "struggle".

Almost certainly we make the playoffs, maybe even close to the final game. I might not pencil us in for a SB, but given the track record of recent winners would that be surprising?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is a slightly loaded question

Will we be worse because of the FA losses? Probably. That's what losing depth does to a roster. Will we still be good enough to win the Super Bowl again? Absolutely.

There's reasons why so few teams repeat as Super Bowl champions.. One of them is the fact your role players get overvalued in free agency and your depth takes a hit.. That's what's happened here. We will still compete for Super Bowls for the next decade though because this FO has acquired a franchise QB and knows how to replenish talent on the roster via the draft and UDFA.

Sac

Reaction score
The pieces we lost were either aging veterans, or redundancies with what we already have on the roster.

Avril/McDaniel/Scruggs/Monstar/Hill should be able to provide what we lost in Clem/Red/McDonald.

Tate was a mix of ADB/Percy, and I love how Chop Chop stepped up his game.

I like Baily at RT to replace Breno.

We haven't even drafted yet.

Honestly, Haushka is the one guy I'd be upset about losing. He's a great kicker.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wilson will be in year 3 and knock on wood Harvin will be healthy.

Maxwell will be the starter from day 1, and sherman will be playing for his contract.

Avril will be playing to get paid too.

if we can solidify the O-line and get a Jared Allen and/or a Hatcher for the D-line, and get a bigger reciever in there we will be fine and IMO probably better, although it's hard to go 13-3. . . not sure "better" will show up in the record necessarily.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3bk2r47m said:
This is a slightly loaded question

Will we be worse because of the FA losses? Probably. That's what losing depth does to a roster. Will we still be good enough to win the Super Bowl again? Absolutely.

There's reasons why so few teams repeat as Super Bowl champions.. One of them is the fact your role players get overvalued in free agency and your depth takes a hit.. That's what's happened here. We will still compete for Super Bowls for the next decade though because this FO has acquired a franchise QB and knows how to replenish talent on the roster via the draft and UDFA.
My question wasn't if we will win the SB next year and I didn't just concentrate on FA losses I also referred to cuts etc. It may seem loaded to you but it is real simple, do you think the team will be as strong next year as it was this year. I for one think the team will actually be stronger.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I just really hated seeing Tate go, he was just a huge part of our offense this year and Russell had a great connection with him.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
This is a depth situation, injuries could derail us a little easier depending on who we get to bring on. It's clear at this point that Harvin needs to stay healthy and Kearse needs to continue to improve.

lukerguy

Reaction score
We will start the year better. Injuries will be key; tough to believe we could be a better team by next SB. We were so healthy!

kearly

Reaction score
There was a rumor somewhere about Seattle going WR early and then loading up on OL in the draft. Seattle's actions in FA have created room to work with at both WR and OL, which would lend some credence to that report.

Still lots of moves to be made. Adding one more premium pass rusher would be pretty amazing. I hope they find a safety valve veteran tackle on the cheap, really worried about Bowie starting vs. NFC West teams.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
For the first time since 1976 I will be happy if they don't improve and finish 2014 like they did 2013!

Largent80

Reaction score
Will we equal 13-3? Get HFA throughout?

That is one tall task in the modern era. However, we have some nice horses pulling the wagon.

Time will tell.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":bouc5t36 said:
I just really hated seeing Tate go, he was just a huge part of our offense this year and Russell had a great connection with him.

You realize that Tate is completely replaced and even considerably improved upon with Harvin?

sutz

Reaction score
Voted yes, though I'm not confident that our W/L record will improve. Kind of like Pete's first two seasons. Both were 7-9, but 2011 was noticably better on the field than 2010.