The hate i see is unjustified

xCalibur

Reaction score
I keep reading all these threads of guys like myself who are either disappointed in the FO this week ( or wondering when they will sign someone) or guys who went to the extreme and are actually upset. The hate and rude remarks towards these guys are uncalled for. I understand their frustration right now and am a little worried myself. But lets be realistic.

Like others have said on this forum, we have not lost anyone we cannot replace or live without. Losing Tate was the worst part, but with all the money we threw at Harvin we cannot afford Tate. Here is where you place your concerns about Harvins health. What is being talked about is the 8 guys we have lost and others talking down to guys saying these guys where let go for a different reason (money, age, health, productivity, etc)....that is all good and i agree with almost everyone of them when it comes to what we have lost. What we have lost is no real big deal. i think the WR corps took the biggest hit with Rice and Tate gone. But lets be realistic. We won a superbowl without Rice and Harvin didn't play all year.

I think what most here are worried about are not what we have lost. But what we have done to replace them. We have not replaced anyone and we have at least 8 to replace and maybe more to come after losing these 8 players - Rice, Tate, Clemons, Bryant, Maragos, McDonald, Schofield and Giacomini....you cannot blame some for being somewhat concerned. The draft alone cannot replace this many players. I think we all want the same thing, we want another winning season and want to see a little action from the front office towards keeping this team strong. The 8 we lost have lowered our strenght slightly...not many where not really full-time starters anyways...but lets get busy replacing these guys.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Here here, yeah I knew we would lose some guys, but we don't seem to be in a rush to replace any of them and that it what concerns me the most.

BigMeach

Reaction score
It's a good thing we aren't Packers fans....
This happens every year to them. They don't even make moves till the 4th day of free agency.

Wait a minute... Where is our GM from?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see the FO take it's time to select the best players for our team...so far they haven't done too bad.

What's the rush?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't understand how you could have followed this FO for four years now and be surprised about anything that has happened. That just baffles me.

IT'S MARCH.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3j3gzh4k said:
I'd like to see the FO take it's time to select the best players for our team...so far they haven't done too bad.

What's the rush?
Too many guys that are all about the premature action around here. 8)

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1jy12xnh said:
Here here, yeah I knew we would lose some guys, but we don't seem to be in a rush to replace any of them and that it what concerns me the most.

I don't get why you have to be in a rush to replace them. The next game is almost 6 months away. Free Agency started less than 2 days ago. I don't understand why the people that panic don't let it play out a little bit before they lose it. We haven't lost anyone that is irreplaceable.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
^^I have a feeling these are generally the same people who proclaim that the Super Bowl season is OVER if we fall behind 0-3 in the 1st quarter of any given game.

Seafan

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2203xlbv said:
I don't understand how you could have followed this FO for four years now and be surprised about anything that has happened. That just baffles me.

IT'S MARCH.

Surprised or concerned.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seafan":297s8d61 said:
DavidSeven":297s8d61 said:

IT'S MARCH.

Surprised or concerned.

So, FO behaves exactly the same way it has for the last four years. FO just won you a Super Bowl. And now you're concerned? Why?

OP
OP
xCalibur

xCalibur

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2nt7ihvm said:
Blitzer88":2nt7ihvm said:

I don't get why you have to be in a rush to replace them. The next game is almost 6 months away. Free Agency started less than 2 days ago. I don't understand why the people that panic don't let it play out a little bit before they lose it. We haven't lost anyone that is irreplaceable.

Agreed..we have not lost anyone that is not replaceable...however every hour of every day more quality FA's will be grabbed up...what will be left will be guys of less quality then what we have lost...i am just surprised that we have not at least signed 1-2 guys...heck...someone...the draft alone cannot replace 8 guys...and there are more we could lose still.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Another thing I don't get is that people is that people don't seem to give the people already on the roster but not starting any credit. Case in point Sherman, Chancellor, Maxwell were at one point bench players that were low enough draft picks that people didn't give any credit to. Sometimes we don't know what we have on our bench. Pete and John do know this.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We didn't sign Avril and Bennett until AFTER the first two days of free agency last year.

Let the other teams overspend on "name" players. That's not what this team does.

brettb3

Reaction score
xCalibur":38wycq36 said:
bigtrain21":38wycq36 said:
Blitzer88":38wycq36 said:

Agreed..we have not lost anyone that is not replaceable...however every hour of every day more quality FA's will be grabbed up...what will be left will be guys of less quality then what we have lost...i am just surprised that we have not at least signed 1-2 guys...heck...someone...the draft alone cannot replace 8 guys...and there are more we could lose still.
I'm not sure why you would be surprised. This front office has operated the same way for four years. And it's not like they'll have to look outside to replace all eight of those players. Several of those guys' replacements are already on the roster.

two dog

Reaction score
The chicken little squad needs to ease off a point or two.

Do you remember what Miami did last year early in FA ? Notice how that worked out for them ?
Can you not see the desperation in Elway/Denver's moves this year ? May work, may not.

The keys to the Seahawk Super Bowl win last year came rather late in free agency
with the Bennett and Avril signings.

They essentially red-shirted their 2013 draft class, with the exception of a couple of
promising O-linemen. This added to the 2014 draft class is almost like having two
drafts in one. Except for the extra year of training for the 2013 guys.

scakfan

Reaction score
Nearly half of those guys do not need to be replaced and the others can be filled in with current depth, good deals that will crop up in free agency when unsigned agents get anxious, and the draft.. No worries.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
xCalibur":21v5l2pv said:
I think what most here are worried about are not what we have lost. But what we have done to replace them. We have not replaced anyone and we have at least 8 to replace and maybe more to come after losing these 8 players - Rice, Tate, Clemons, Bryant, Maragos, McDonald, Schofield and Giacomini....you cannot blame some for being somewhat concerned. The draft alone cannot replace this many players. I think we all want the same thing, we want another winning season and want to see a little action from the front office towards keeping this team strong. The 8 we lost have lowered our strenght slightly...not many where not really full-time starters anyways...but lets get busy replacing these guys.

Here's how I see the replacements shaking out:

Rice = draft (Harvin has theoretically taken his place as the #1 WR already)
Tate = Baldwin
Clemons = possibly Allen/Mayowa
Maragos = draft an ST/DB role player/backup
McDonald = Hill
Schofield = draft
Giacomini = draft.

So long as we have enough to re-sign Wilson, Sherman and Thomas to long term deals we should be OK. I also think Bennett was a vital player to lock up, and they've done that.

Tate was one of my favourite Seahawks but when they invested so much in the way of cash/picks in Harvin the writing was on the wall. Harvin's durability is a concern, but the upside is off the charts so it's hard to fault the move, for me.

The FO needs to keep finding FA bargains and hitting in the draft as well, and so far they've given us no reason to suggest that they won't.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3ghv3crf said:

IT'S MARCH.

Exactly!

So far this FA period has played out like any other we've had. The only difference is that there is less urgency to add talent than there was during first couple of seasons. A Super Bowl-winning team is gonna hemorrhage a bit, but we have depth, long-term plans and the patience to make it all work.