Thurmond still talking with Seahawks

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I know that I wasn't the only one here who assumed WT III to be gone, but...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 23m
CB Walter Thurmond completed his visit in JAX, now back in SEA spending time w/team officials there. Trips to WSH and TB scheduled

Seems like there's definitely some chance of him returning. I wouldn't want to see us give him starter money, but it would definitely be nice to still have him in the mix.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Would make sense he strongly considers a come back. His skill set is very attractive to a number of teams but that looming suspension has to limit his market. Additionally, his eccentric/bohemian like personality may not be as well received on some teams as they would with ours.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":r3m7nfpr said:
Would make sense he strongly considers a come back. His skill set is very attractive to a number of teams but that looming suspension has to limit his market. Additionally, his eccentric/bohemian like personality may not be as well received on some teams as they would with ours.

He served his suspension, just fyi.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":foauhgqz said:

"looming suspension?"

isnt that Browner?

I think Thurmond is done (for now)

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
He served his suspension, but he does pose a risk of a year-long suspension if he repeats his prior offense. I would agree that it surely drives his price down somewhat.

Penman96

Reaction score
Makes sence for Thurmond to stay now, if he walks out of Jax without a deal I'm not sure who else will offer something attractive.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1nzf4zmq said:
He served his suspension, but he does pose a risk of a year-long suspension if he repeats his prior offense. I would agree that it surely drives his price down somewhat.
This. lol sorry didn't mean to strike a match in a fireworks warehouse, and I guess I should clarify, looming suspension is me foreshadowing.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well he SHOULD show some loyalty and stay here. Injured almost all of his time here and they stuck with him.

Even stuck with him throughout his problems/suspensions.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":3h3qzxwk said:
Well he SHOULD show some loyalty and stay here. Injured almost all of his time here and they stuck with him.

Do we want him though?

He was quickly surpassed by better players during his suspension, and I'm no expert but those that know more than me seemed to think he was a bit of a non-factor on his return.

Could we get him for a one year deal (not a "prove it" deal, but more of a "dont eff up" deal?)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Keeping Thurmond I think is to protect us against an inevitable Maxwell departure.

sutz

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't mind giving this kid a deal of some sort...maybe vet min plus some incentives for 2-3 years or so. If he is healthy and can stay clean, he could contibute IMHO.

Sounds like he is negotiating a bit, comparing whatever Jax offered to what the Seahawks might offer. And yeah, he'll have a lot better chance starting somewhere else. That's a given.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Largent80":35x12zmq said:

Teams stick with players for their own gain. They do it because they think it's a positive investment that will help them win. It's not about some sort of personal loyalty. It should be clear by now that no team really has that for anyone.

Thurmond owes us nothing. That said, at the right price I hope he stays.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
WT3, at the right price, is certainly a nice thing to consider. He does come with a lot of risk, so his contract would have to reflect that. I still want to see more of Simon and Shead (I think those are our two promising young guys) in the meantime.

seahawks187

Reaction score
Thurmond was finally playing great this season.. stayed healthy and was balling out esp in the atl / minn game before he was suspended.. It's a tough decision on him because he plays so well on the inside in the slot AND he can play on the outside, even when browner was out maxwell was in the game on the outside and thurmond moved to the inside.. I'd love to have him back

Seaswab

Reaction score
Tate showed there is no loyalty. We stuck with him for 2 years while he did nothing and he took the money and ran.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seaswab":3dbr4s2v said:
Tate showed there is no loyalty. We stuck with him for 2 years while he did nothing and he took the money and ran.
SMH. There is no loyalty when it comes to business. If it took Tate to show you that I don't know what to tell you

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I thought that WTIII played well in the SB against Welker.

I'd be okay with signing him at the right price. Good insurance policy as long as there's an escape clause in his contract for substance abuse.