Ian Rapoport: Seahawks showing interest in Sidney Rice

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
It would certainly take a little pressure off them in the draft. I'm sure they'll still draft a big WR, but if they keep Rice it reduces the pressure of that big receiver contributing right away.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I want to see a healthy Harvin/Rice tandem for the first time since '09.

Edit: even if Kearse has won his job, having Rice would still be beneficial for situational opportunities (redzone, in particular).

Exittium

Reaction score
I honestly hope it happens of course for much cheaper so we can maybe extend Earl this yr. But between him and Tate i think him and Russ had the best chemistry on the field.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not sure how wild I am about this. Rice looked like a shell of his former self last year, and I just think there are better options in the draft right now.

I'd honestly be more excited about Kenny Britt than Sidney Rice

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":27aincqi said:
Not sure how wild I am about this. Rice looked like a shell of his former self last year, and I just think there are better options in the draft right now.

I wouldn't go that far. I agree that Rice has to have lost a step - but I don't think he was ever the player we thought him to be.

Would love to give him a 1 prove it deal and draft a 2nd or 3rd round guy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Very happy to hear this. I have been hoping they would find a way to bring him back. When healthy, he's a great guy to have in our WR lineup.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Makes a lot of sense on a good deal. Good player and only 27

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2afdcn8d said:

His production was down a ton but to the eyeball test he looked fine to me. Our issues on offense with teams not respecting our WRs began shortly after Rice went down.

That said, yeah, he is recovering from a significant knee injury. I wouldn't exactly pencil him in for 1000 yards and 10 TDs next year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Good. The issue isn't his production it's that contract. Give him a prove it deal or 3-4 years at 4-5 million, something reasonable. Maybe 6-7 but that's pushing it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He's had a ton of time to heal up and having Percy on the field with him would force defenses to not double him. I still say he is a solid #1b receiver who suffered from defenses keying on him. Probably will never be a 1,000 yard receiver while we are a run first team but he should see a bump in stats.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
mistaowen":qu36t8gp said:
He's had a ton of time to heal up and having Percy on the field with him would force defenses to not double him. I still say he is a solid #1b receiver who suffered from defenses keying on him. Probably will never be a 1,000 yard receiver while we are a run first team but he should see a bump in stats.

that is a good point - he did absorb all of the double teams while he was here. I always thought of him as a WR2 that looked like a WR1 so teams tended to double him. In a WR2 role, he could actually thrive.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":zy2z5ql7 said:

People on this board love Kenny Britt because he's a name that has been a fantasy football sleeper for years.

Kenny Britt was one of the worst WRs in the NFL last year.