Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeker

Reaction score
Another Michael Bennett type deal (from last season)....that would be awesome.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Could we just say we have the best d-line in the league at that point? We'd be neck and neck with the Panthers.

Jac

Reaction score
What a unique business model they've created. Instead of signing a longer-term contract weighed down by that ACL, Melton could sign a one-year deal and subsequently cash in after a year of stats and notoriety. And do it on a team that makes football fun again (like college) and has a great shot at a long postseason run. It's a great investment if you're willing to gamble on yourself for a year.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":36qwfl0r said:
0312_henry_melton201.jpg

Just before 2 a.m. on December 23, 2013, surveillance video shows a bartender telling a customer to leave, pointing at the door several times.

"When he was asked to leave, his belligerence and unruliness turned into violence," said attorney Darren Wolf, who represents Donald Payne, the owner of Chill.

The surveillance video clearly shows at least one punch was thrown. Wolf said it took four people to remove the customer, who they later discovered was Henry Melton, a defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears and a former Texas Longhorns player. Melton graduated from Grapevine High School.

"It took four men to do this because he's a big guy," Wolf said. "And in the process, my client — Mr. Payne — received a really really horrific bite from Mr. Melton. He bit him in the side, near the kidney, through the skin."

Wolf said Payne was treated at a hospital and sent home.

Melton was arrested.

Payne has now filed a lawsuit against Melton, seeing monetary relief "in a sum greater than $1 million," according to court documents. But Wolf said they would leave it to a jury to decide an exact monetary award.

The attorney said there were injuries beyond medical bills. "There's some psychological injury there," Wolf said. "The thought of another human being you don't know biting through your skin, piercing your skin... it's a pretty frightening experience. And it's dangerous."

According to the lawsuit, at the bar the night of the incident, Melton was telling restaurant workers that he "was a millionaire and the bartenders were nothing but poor white trash."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Surveill ... 94261.html

This was posted in NFL forum. Don't like to judge a man before walking a mile in his shoes but this is worrying.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I wanted Melton BIG TIME last season, even though I knew that Bennett was a better signing at the time and made more sense for the team. Now that he's out there on the market, again, at a reduced rate... please John (and Pete), make this happen! We absolutely need THIS on our team...

[youtube]W9T9AQ1fA6I[/youtube]​

A man so big ain't supposed to move so smooth!

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1j2wt31u said:
dontbelikethat":1j2wt31u said:
0312_henry_melton201.jpg

Just before 2 a.m. on December 23, 2013, surveillance video shows a bartender telling a customer to leave, pointing at the door several times.

"When he was asked to leave, his belligerence and unruliness turned into violence," said attorney Darren Wolf, who represents Donald Payne, the owner of Chill.

The surveillance video clearly shows at least one punch was thrown. Wolf said it took four people to remove the customer, who they later discovered was Henry Melton, a defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears and a former Texas Longhorns player. Melton graduated from Grapevine High School.

"It took four men to do this because he's a big guy," Wolf said. "And in the process, my client — Mr. Payne — received a really really horrific bite from Mr. Melton. He bit him in the side, near the kidney, through the skin."

Melton was arrested.

Payne has now filed a lawsuit against Melton, seeing monetary relief "in a sum greater than $1 million," according to court documents. But Wolf said they would leave it to a jury to decide an exact monetary award.

The attorney said there were injuries beyond medical bills. "There's some psychological injury there," Wolf said. "The thought of another human being you don't know biting through your skin, piercing your skin... it's a pretty frightening experience. And it's dangerous."

According to the lawsuit, at the bar the night of the incident, Melton was telling restaurant workers that he "was a millionaire and the bartenders were nothing but poor white trash."

This was posted in NFL forum. Don't like to judge a man before walking a mile in his shoes but this is worrying.

I'd like to see him biting Kaepernick next year.

NYCoug

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":14apmwiw said:
dontbelikethat":14apmwiw said:
0312_henry_melton201.jpg

Melton was arrested.

Alcohol is a hell of a drug. Stupid things happen when people get drunk, I'm sure some (most) of us can all attest to that. Luckily, this team has shown a penchant for understanding the human element. If this is just a bad, one time episode, ehh, it happens. If Henry Melton is constantly going out, getting hammered, and biting dudes and spouting at the mouth about being a millionaire... yeah, there's a probably a problem. However, the incident occurred when he was injured and that can have a serious effect on these dudes. Not making excuses or anything, just trying to understand what probably went down.

And personally, I want my DT's to be as nasty as possible. That's why I love Suh and am still holding out hope that one day, he too will be a Seahawk. Oh, and don't forget this...

January 2005 McDaniel assaulted fellow University of Tennessee student, Edward Goodrich, during a pick-up basketball game for which Goodrich received 4 broken bones and needed a metal plate inserted into his face to repair injuries. McDaniel, originally charged with aggravated assault, a felony, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and agreed to pay restitution to Goodrich for an undisclosed amount. Goodrich had filed an $800,000 lawsuit against McDaniel in Knox County Circuit Court.[2]

This is life. Crap happens. I would love signing Henry Melton, regardless of his legal problems. The dude's a beast, when healthy, and even if he were to get cut in Camp, that would just mean that Jordan Hill or Greg Scruggs or whoever stepped up big time. Either way, the Seahawks win, and that's what it's all about.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
This is exactly the type of move our current Front Office will do. Get some player still in the prime of his career who has either injuries or off-the-field-issues (in this case both) for less money than their peers. I could see us signing him for 1 or 2 years. We won't get all the headlines like the offseason champion Broncos, but it could really help us out in the end.

Throwdown

Reaction score
NYCoug":1fmobib7 said:
SomersetHawk":1fmobib7 said:
dontbelikethat":1fmobib7 said:
0312_henry_melton201.jpg

Melton was arrested.

Alcohol is a hell of a drug. Stupid things happen when people get drunk, I'm sure some (most) of us can all attest to that. Luckily, this team has shown a penchant for understanding the human element. If this is just a bad, one time episode, ehh, it happens. If Henry Melton is constantly going out, getting hammered, and biting dudes and spouting at the mouth about being a millionaire... yeah, there's a probably a problem. However, the incident occurred when he was injured and that can have a serious effect on these dudes. Not making excuses or anything, just trying to understand what probably went down.

And personally, I want my DT's to be as nasty as possible. That's why I love Suh and am still holding out hope that one day, he too will be a Seahawk. Oh, and don't forget this...

January 2005 McDaniel assaulted fellow University of Tennessee student, Edward Goodrich, during a pick-up basketball game for which Goodrich received 4 broken bones and needed a metal plate inserted into his face to repair injuries. McDaniel, originally charged with aggravated assault, a felony, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and agreed to pay restitution to Goodrich for an undisclosed amount. Goodrich had filed an $800,000 lawsuit against McDaniel in Knox County Circuit Court.[2]

This is life. Crap happens. I would love signing Henry Melton, regardless of his legal problems. The dude's a beast, when healthy, and even if he were to get cut in Camp, that would just mean that Jordan Hill or Greg Scruggs or whoever stepped up big time. Either way, the Seahawks win, and that's what it's all about.

Didn't Sweezy break a bus drivers jaw in college?

nwgamer

Reaction score
IIRC the Bears were knocked out of playoff contention by the @Eagles just a few hours earlier. Just saying...he chose poorly but was probably a bit emotional at the time.

and Allen? ..an absolute wealth of riches on the D line. More to follow...

GCrow

Reaction score
NYCoug":8ttrz2ma said:
I wanted Melton BIG TIME last season, even though I knew that Bennett was a better signing at the time and made more sense for the team. Now that he's out there on the market, again, at a reduced rate... please John (and Pete), make this happen! We absolutely need THIS on our team...

[youtube]W9T9AQ1fA6I[/youtube]​

A man so big ain't supposed to move so smooth!
Hook Em!!!!

Seriously though, what better place is there for a D Lineman to go on a One year deal than the PNW?

oasis

Reaction score
Henry Melton tore his ACL 5 months and 20 days ago, if my math is correct. Is that enough time for him to play this season at a level to contribute? He's a big guy so I have a lot of doubts.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
He torn his ACL in Sept. Clemons torn his in Jan and was back for season... he should be fine and I trust Pete and John's ability to judge the character of this man. Getting Milton on a Bennett or Avril type deal would be unreal for this team. Melton, Mebane, Bennett, Avril... Also if Melton ends up being the real deal I could see him replace Mebane down the road...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Really wanted the guy earlier, due to his potential (was a top 5 DT before injury), but that arrest has me :| .

If PC&JS are good with everything, well then I'm on board to.

drdiags

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3vzdh2gd said:
drdiags":3vzdh2gd said:
Leverage play with Chicago.

The Super Bowl champs are leverage now?

Yep, it still happens. Chicago wants him to go out and set/test his market. I smell leverage play. Guess we will see one way or another. Just because you won the Superbowl, it doesn't mean you are above the fray.

Status
Not open for further replies.