New "Draft Day" feature film will include "the Seahawks"

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
...or an approximation of them. And we might be [speculation] the antagonists in this film. Strangely enough, Kevin Costner's Browns are the featured team, and they trade UP in the NFL Draft to get our pick, which might be a #1. Hmm. And the Cowboys are the team that "wins. A lot." Double hmm.

It's almost as if the NFL called up Lionsgate said "get us a Moneyball with hard hits, stadium flyovers, and Jennifer Garner."

Seems like a Sports Film genre exercise. I'm sure that each of you can surmise how the movie plays out from this trailer alone. Other teams are gloating at their relative success vis-à-vis the Browns, Leary is the draft whiz the Browns sign away from Dallas to work with Costner, the Browns' owners are out of touch and meddle, there is an unnecessary love interest tossed in (perhaps the president or owner's daughter? Why not?) and the weight of Cleveland is on Our Protagonist's shoulders. Ehhh.

Might be worth a watch, but only if if the Seahawks are the Bad Guys. Every sports film needs a Bad Guy team. Might as well be us.

Mention of the Seahawks and their indictia starts at 1:33:

[youtube]K3SlVsdUuBY[/youtube]

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
....what did I just watch...haha.

Looks so cheesy and corny.........and it's about the Browns...Browns fans don't even want to watch the Browns.

randomation

Reaction score
lol Tyler Donovan siting at 52 seconds or so should have been Russ if they wanted to show badger footage.

OP
OP
Our Man in Chicago

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
12s seeing this film might be akin to the former SEAL member I know who went to a screening of G.I. Jane just to laugh - very loudly - at the inaccuracies.

drdiags

Reaction score
I know the one of the FO guys for the real Browns last year was overly critical of the Seahawks move to get Harvin. Said something along the lines of how teams that think they are close to a Superbowl goes out and gives away draft capital for that one piece (Harvin) when they really aren't that close.

Would like to know how that fellow is thinking about the Seahawks' FO now? The reporter who had in depth access to the Browns FO last year commented on how the Browns laughed at the Seahawks FO. For those still remaining there, I wonder who's laughing now?

Will probably check this movie out at some point, just not going to go to the theatre to see it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
looks about as shallow as a movie could possibly be.

prob will skip it till it shows up on netflix.

Brahn

Reaction score
Lombardi and the Top Pick? I like this, how much is Cleveland gonna give us?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":im2h1wc3 said:
It's almost as if the NFL called up Lionsgate said "get us a Moneyball with hard hits, stadium flyovers, and Jennifer Garner."

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the trailer. Can't have MLB upstaging the shield ANYWHERE, including cheesy movies.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
I almost threw up... yet... sadly, i'll probably watch it... uhg

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
What the hell were they thinking?

This looks like the worst film ever made.

Even worse than 'Christmas with the Kranks'.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
costner i dont like and jennifer garner doesn't do it for me. so that really just means an overly dramatic movie about the cleveland browns, concocted by a collaboration between the NFL and hollywood to squeeze more money out of NFL fans and the draft hype.

I'd feel like an absolute clown paying the price of a movie ticket these days to go sit through that.

kearly

Reaction score
I will probably go see it. It looks more like The Blindside than Moneyball, though.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I've learned not to judge a film by the trailer, which is usually composed of the most superficial elements possible in order to offer a quick synopsis. The actual film could be far better.

Lionsgate had better HOPE that's what's going on.