Anthony McCoy got $1.35M

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
According to Overthecap.

$950K in salary plus $400K bonus. Tells me they really expect him to come back and contribute in 2014.

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
well yeah, they expect anyone to sign to contribute. In fact, they could have paid him a lot more. He was really starting to come around.

drdiags

Reaction score
I read that all of it is guaranteed, so McCoy came out better following that injury on a contract than I thought he would.

HawkWow

Reaction score
^ Willson blocked surprisingly well, McCoy rather sporadic. If they're considering the release of "Money Miller", I hope (and I'm confident) they have something up their sleeves in getting RW some better protection.

mikeak

Reaction score
drdiags":1wt97th6 said:
I read that all of it is guaranteed, so McCoy came out better following that injury on a contract than I thought he would.

1 year deal though -- this is all about prove it. He clearly expects to perform at a high level and get a long nice contract after this year.

Problem for him is that Seahawks TEs don't do much for the stat sheet......

Jville

Reaction score
drdiags":2ga5mdno said:

I do not see a source that guarantees the $950,000 salary.

Anthony participated in 45.8% of offensive snaps in 2012 .... his last active season.

He did not a participate on special teams in 2012.

“He still has a huge upside in our mind. We felt badly for him last year going through the Achilles injury and that he was unable to play during the season and in the Super Bowl. We feel like he’s a well-rounded tight end and we’re very happy to have him back in the mix.” - John Schneider

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkWow":3ktjy5gp said:
^ Willson blocked surprisingly well, McCoy rather sporadic. If they're considering the release of "Money Miller", I hope (and I'm confident) they have something up their sleeves in getting RW some better protection.

Willson blocked very well towards the end of the season, but from what I've seen, it was his run blocking that got a lot better. He's quick, so they can send him in motion and let him seal the edge, he goes out on the flat and can turn the corner if he gets the ball, and is quick enough to block defensive backs and LBers in space. The one thing I didn't see him do so well at was pass blocking. That's where Mille really excels, so if we're thinking Willson is going to be that guy, he has to pass block better.

Of course he was just a rookie, so yea I think he can get better. But, if we're serious about Finley, we already have McCoy and Willson signed, there wouldn't be any room for Miller.

It's hard for me to tell if the Seahawks want to keep their TE's in to block a lot by design, or if we've just needed the help the entire time Miller has been here. I know in our system, the staff wants a TE that can run block well, then release into routes easily. Having two of those well rounded TE's makes our 2 TE run sets much more difficult to defend; especially if you have Harvin out there on the edge.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I think they're still trying with Miller, otherwise they would probably have released him with Red and Clem. But who knows? I'd rather have our cornerstones signed for the next two years than pin Miller to our vests, if it comes to that.

Jville

Reaction score
Jville":2zj70mko said:
drdiags":2zj70mko said:

I do not see a source that guarantees the $950,000 salary.

Anthony participated in 45.8% of offensive snaps in 2012 .... his last active season.

He did not a participate on special teams in 2012.

“He still has a huge upside in our mind. We felt badly for him last year going through the Achilles injury and that he was unable to play during the season and in the Super Bowl. We feel like he’s a well-rounded tight end and we’re very happy to have him back in the mix.” - John Schneider

Found it here >>> [urltargetblank]http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Seahawks[/urltargetblank]

McCoy's contract is indeed fully guaranteed! That's a commitment.

sutz

Reaction score
mikeak":yptwg9ch said:
drdiags":yptwg9ch said:

1 year deal though -- this is all about prove it. He clearly expects to perform at a high level and get a long nice contract after this year.

They also don't pay based strictly on stat sheets. ;)

mikeak

Reaction score
sutz":36mjghw5 said:
mikeak":36mjghw5 said:
drdiags":36mjghw5 said:

They also don't pay based strictly on stat sheets. ;)

No but it most definitely affects his FA value which was my point

Veilside

Reaction score
I was ready to move on from Mccoy but as long he can block he has value I guess. Not excited about him as a recieving option though, guy runs with the football like a new born giraffe.

King Dog

Reaction score
I read somewhere McCoy is weighing in at 275 lbs these days. That's pretty beastly for a TE. I also remember Pete on the radio a few times gushing about this guy and how much he was improving prior to the injury.

He may turn out to be a bargain.

drdiags

Reaction score
Jville":3remn67r said:
Found it here >>> [urltargetblank]http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Seahawks[/urltargetblank]

Same with Jackson's base salary on a 1 yr deal. Does show these two vets a level of commitment.

Jville

Reaction score
drdiags":1jgjkxuf said:
Jville":1jgjkxuf said:

Same with Jackson's base salary on a 1 yr deal. Does show these two vets a level of commitment.

My O' my ..... that certainly ratchets up the pressure on B.J. Daniels.