Are they offering decent contracts??

BlueBlood

Reaction score
No news on Melton. Hatcher and Vance Walker are now off the board. We cleared some cap space and I wasn't sweating the personell losses in the least because I expected some free agents to want to come here for a chance to win but now Im wondering if the word is out that we are offering disrespectful contracts. Obviously our players are highly sought after as they are getting over paid significantly.

Haushka still isn't signed, Finley isn't inked but wants to be here and hasn't worked a deal yet, Vance Walker didn't even make it out of KC.

I'm certain that we are going to challenge for another super bowl this season but it'd be nice to sign SOMEONE.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
John Schneider's probably trolling the NFL by starting fake bidding wars over guys while being confident in his draft board.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Would it make you more comfortable if we had traded for Blaine Gabbert and Jonathan Martin, overpaid a mediocre safety, and signed a scrub cornerback named Chris Cook up to this point?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Signing someone just for the sake of signing someone is a stupid way to run a franchise. If there is one thing that Carroll and Schneider have demonstrated during their time with Seattle, it's that they have a very clear philosophy and they stick to it, regardless of whether or not it makes the fanbase anxious.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2k9lj387 said:
If there is one thing that Carroll and Schneider have demonstrated during their time with Seattle, it's that they have a very clear philosophy and they stick to it, regardless of whether or not it makes the fanbase anxious.

Who's anxious...I'm not anxious.

:bitenails:

:240039:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Nah. Schneider's probably like "I'll give you a gift card to Ruth's Chris and a brand new Prius if you just sign right there on that dotted line"

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ts8e05a said:
John Schneider's probably trolling the NFL by starting fake bidding wars over guys while being confident in his draft board.
And his non-FA players? Never because that's just insane.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3e1q48q2 said:
RolandDeschain":3e1q48q2 said:
And his non-FA players? Never because that's just insane.

Exactly

kearly

Reaction score
I love that we got Bennett and McDaniel back. Seriously, I'd put them in the top ten signings for free agency so far this year from a moneyball perspective. Bennett plays like an $8-10 million a year player who signed for $7m, McDaniel played at least on par with Mebane last year ($5m), and we paid only $3 million a year for his services.

Also retained Tjack and McCoy on two very cheap deals. Can't say they haven't made moves, and they've all been good ones too.

Penman96

Reaction score
Not sure about you guys but I'm just fine with FA so far. If we pick up a veteran looking for a ring like Allen, or a project like Melton it's a bonus. But if we don't there are definitely younger, chippy players we will be able to slot into every position we lost someone at, and we will go from strength to strength next year.

(and just for clarity, we will not challenge for a SuperBowl next year, we will win a SuperBowl next year)

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I feel good about getting some of our guys back but im hoping we pull in a couple beasts

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Penman96":3udl7pq1 said:
Not sure about you guys but I'm just fine with FA so far. If we pick up a veteran looking for a ring like Allen, or a project like Melton it's a bonus. But if we don't there are definitely younger, chippy players we will be able to slot into every position we lost someone at, and we will go from strength to strength next year.

(and just for clarity, we will not challenge for a SuperBowl next year, we will win a SuperBowl next year)
Please use sarcasm flags it took me a couple minutes to get the joke. For that you deserve a spanking.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":2zxumgf2 said:
I love that we got Bennett and McDaniel back. Seriously, I'd put them in the top ten signings for free agency so far this year from a moneyball perspective. Bennett plays like an $8-10 million a year player who signed for $7m, McDaniel played at least on par with Mebane last year ($5m), and we paid only $3 million a year for his services.

Also retained Tjack and McCoy on two very cheap deals. Can't say they haven't made moves, and they've all been good ones too.
Bennett has to be far and away be in the conversation of being among the best FA signings ever even when taken WITHOUT context.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Penman96":36k719at said:

Please use sarcasm flags it took me and couple minutes to get the joke. For that you deserve a spanking.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
DavidSeven":38tpmlqy said:
Would it make you more comfortable if we had traded for Blaine Gabbert and Jonathan Martin, overpaid a mediocre safety, and signed a scrub cornerback named Chris Cook up to this point?

lol ya the only move of the 49ers I have liked is Bethea and he probably isnt much of an upgrade if any. I laughed when I saw Chris Cook signed with the 49ers....Dude is hurt every single year, and STILL doesnt have an interception to his name.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":3txm8482 said:

Exactly. I don't get why people on here keep freaking out saying we haven't done anything. We have signed a bunch of guys to great deals.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I like what we have done so far. Smart moves.

As for new signing that might get you excited, Dont forget Finely is likely on the way. Allen still a possibility.

byau

Reaction score
If you look around the league: the worry for me is more that a few other teams are making some very good moves (Broncos, Pats). So it feels like they are "gaining" on the Seahawks.

If you just look at the Seahawks: for the priorities they have, players they "need", cap concerns, I'm happy. They seem to be very shrewd and calculating, not making any wrong moves and waiting to make the right ones. I would like to have seen Tate come back but it was pretty clear he'd be valued a lot more by another team.

The waiting is surely killing me though. Let's skip ahead somehow and start the season huh? :)

Teqneek

Reaction score
What exactly have the Broncos done? They actually got worse in the Secondary department (ADC outperformed Talib in every statistical facet last year, Bailey retired). Then dumped even more money into Ware. phfft