Offensive Line?

devilhawk88

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. I asked the board if anyone knew anything about Davin Joseph because I saw that he was a FA. Don't know why a former 2 time Pro-Bowler isn't worth a competition spot on our team but he has't been brought in or even talked about. Thougts?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I know man...it seems like our FO is content with just one Lombardi

OP
OP
akseahawkfan

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
-The Glove-":199bs5m8 said:

Oh I don't think that's the case at all, and I'm not criticizing either. I've been so wrong about everything they have done I am assuming I'm wrong. lol

I have more faith in this management team than any other ever.

I'm just wondering if others are thinking the same thing waiting to see what rabbit they're going to pull out of the hat, or if I'm all wet and the OL is nothing to worry about.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
akseahawkfan":1indabe6 said:
-The Glove-":1indabe6 said:

Oh I don't think that's the case at all, and I'm not criticizing either. I've been so wrong about everything they have done I am assuming I'm wrong. lol

I have more faith in this management team than any other ever.

I'm just wondering if others are thinking the same thing waiting to see what rabbit they're going to pull out of the hat, or if I'm all wet and the OL is nothing to worry about.
sarcasm my brother

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I wonder if this isn't like LB last year. Everyone was worried that we needed a LB to replace Hill and swore we would sign someone or draft a LB. Turns out we had Smith on the roster the whole time along with Irvin's move to LB.

Atradees

Reaction score
I thought we would honestly be kicking the tires of every FA offensive line guy out there.

Remember, we used to churn every rock in the search for competition. We had the highest

personnel burn rate in the land. FO cant be happy with last year's line minus Giocco Meanie?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1iyg7kqe said:
maybe we are targeting OL high in the draft?

Even so, hard to imagine rookies inserted immediately would fix the apparent issues, which have only been compounded with Giaco leaving. We need a solid veteran for a couple years at least IMO.

McGruff

Reaction score
Good, deep draft at OL, and good potnetial for Bowie and Bailey. Plus our guys generally don't like to sign old players.

McGruff

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1s0x924t said:
brimsalabim":1s0x924t said:
maybe we are targeting OL high in the draft?

Even so, hard to imagine rookies inserted immediately would fix the apparent issues, which have only been compounded with Giaco leaving. We need a solid veteran for a couple years at least IMO.

Weve been doing hat for the last 4 years with Breno, McQuistan, Gallery, etc. Its time to start trustig the draft process to fill those holes

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
I believe PC and JS believe in youth.......and I believe in Claude. And I believe that Claude believes in God!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
akseahawkfan":11it8auf said:
I thought the OL the weakest unit last season. Was I wrong or is there just not much available in FA?
One thing that we need to keep aware of last year is the injuries to our starters,

I did the math... our backups took 33% of the total snaps during the regular season... that's a lot.

Okung was out for almost 9 full games (weeks 2-10)... Giacomini was out for 7.5 full games (weeks 3-10) and Unger was out for 4 full games total (4,5,9 partial,10 and 14 partial)... and Unger was injured three separate times... an arm, concussion and then his pec.

In our road loss to Indy, the backups were on the field for 60% of the offensive snaps... and in our home loss to the Cardinals, 35%.

It's also noteworthy that the week 4 overtime win at Houston, the backups took 60% of the total snaps as well.

What we need is more solid depth and a replacement for the Big Russian.

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe the 'weakest' unit on a Super Bowl winning team is not really that bad to begin with? ;)

J/K, really. First week of FA, and our front office hasn't jumped on anybody yet. That fits their short history here. Keep in mind that it's not only the FO's around the league scrambling to get people signed in week one of FA. Players and agents are scrambling, too. They want to sign early, too, to get the desperate GM's out there to sign desperation contracts "before all the talent dries up." Ergo, they won't schedule visits to teams they know won't sign stupid deals.

I'm sure we'll see a few visits from OL FA's in the coming weeks. And yes, we'll probably grab a player or two or more in the draft.

This has to be the third straight season, though, when we fans were wailing and gnashing our teeth early in the year about our O-line, but they seemed to come together late and do fairly well in the playoffs.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Might be slow playing the OL free agents. None of them are moving very quickly after the big names. Maybe a couple will be picked up next week for a greatly reduced rate.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Free agency isn't even 4 days old and people are already worrying. We should just hand the Lombardi Trophy to the Broncos, they "Won" the first 48 hours of Free Agency.

mikeak

Reaction score
The OL FAs that were out there were simply to expensive. Anything affordable wouldn't be an upgrade when you considered the expected improvements by Bailey and Bowie.

Still would expect 1-2 OL guys in the draft. Will be interesting to see how high they get picked though

Anthony!

Reaction score
Our o-line was the worse passing o-line in the NFL, Rw was the most hit, hurried and sacked QB in the league. We need to improve our o-line to have a chance of repeating, making the playoffs, and keeping Rw healthy and here in Seattle. So far they have done nothing, Not good, but we will see.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3840ttkq said:
I did the math... our backups took 33% of the total snaps during the regular season... that's a lot.
Our O-line just seems to be snake-bitten, we have multiple injuries to the O-line every single year going back like eight years. I think we just need to accept the fact that we need to have more quality backups than usual, lol.