Turbo

titan3131

Reaction score
Does anyone think we could trade him to a team like the pats that direly need a running game. His average would be phenomenal if not for holding penalties.

Say swap 2nds and take their 3rd.

All under the premise that cmike learned to block.

Thoughts?

Happybelly

Reaction score
No, you would be lucky to get more than a 6th round pick for Turbin at this point.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think his ceiling could be a late 4th, and your value is worst case. Ultimately however RBs seem to be very undervalued, even 225 ones who run 4.42.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yeah, you could call him TurBO, TurBIN, TurBINE, but he goes nowhere fast when faced with a shoe-string tackle or ANY low-lying obstacle. Dude doesn't get the concept of high stepping for some reason. :?

kearly

Reaction score
Would be surprised if he has much value based on what he's done so far. Our system really rewards runners with great balance because players with balance (Golden Tate, Marshawn Lynch) are a lot harder to bring down. Turbin has maybe the worst balance I've ever seen, he is an arm tackle waiting to happen and on kickoffs he struggled mightily to break the 20 yard line because he'd often fall down on his own just from trying to make cuts at full speed.

If he has any real value in the NFL, it might be to a pass first team that gives him big holes to run through on Mike Holmgren's patented 3rd and long draw plays. Teams that intimidate with the pass and then audible to run when they get formations they like. But on a team like ours that runs in obvious running situations and asks their RBs to break some tackles for tough yards, Turbin just doesn't fit.

Also, with Lynch's big cap hit coming in 2015 we should expect this to be Lynch's last year in Seattle. Would they really have Michael rot on the bench for two years and then step in to start in 2015? Seems unlikely- I expect Michael will probably be promoted to #2 RB this season. Then it could be a battle between Ware and Turbin for the #3 job. Ware fits our scheme infinitely better. So I wouldn't be surprised if Turbin fails to make our next 53 man.

With all that said, if I could get a 7th for Turbin right now, I would take it. It's not that I think he sucks in every system, but I just don't think he fits what we do, and one way or another I think his days in Seattle are numbered. I wouldn't be shocked if he catches on elsewhere, he does some things well, he has a great attitude, and he's fast.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
He has no value, except as a pass blocker.

His salary is so minimal that it's worth it to keep him as a pass blocker for a couple more years.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
If Turbin was worth much at all we would not have C. Micheal on the team, in my opinion.

I think that when his rookie contract is over he's gone.

Steve2222

Reaction score
RB has quickly become the most disposable position in football. With the implementation of two backs sharing carries around the league, there isn't much value. Unless it's the caliber of Prime AD (though right now Minny could still fetch a 1st for him I bet) or a Lesean McCoy, you'd be lucky to get anything more than a 4th. Hell we got Lynch for only a 4th and he proved to be a Top 5 back in the league.

Subzero717

Reaction score
If a guy like Sproles is worth a 5th to a guy like Chip Kelly a guy like Turbin has to be worth nothing to any other team. Moreno and a few other proven guys are still available. I hope Michael shows enough improvement Turbin becomes expendable.

rideaducati

Reaction score
titan3131":3k17o3fq said:
Does anyone think we could trade him to a team like the pats that direly need a running game. His average would be phenomenal if not for holding penalties.

Say swap 2nds and take their 3rd.

All under the premise that cmike learned to block.

Thoughts?

It sure did seem like EVERY Turbo run over 20 yards was called back by a holding penalty. I recall at least 5 of those runs. Dude still hasn't scored a touchdown in the NFL.

MVP53

Reaction score
Swap 2s AND get a 3rd for Turbin? There is no chance of that happening. Turbin is no better than what they currently have, or what they could draft with that pick.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
When you have better quality runners routinely available through all 7 draft rounds and even as undrafted FAs...nah...

Brahn

Reaction score
It is all about depth. If Marshawn goes down you have 2 RBs in place. When Marshawn leaves you will see a constant RB change over until we get the next big thing. This team will keep the cost at that position young and cheap in the coming years unless we hit on a top 5 talent.

We are a premiere rushing team. When you carry the rock as many times as we do you need talent ready and waiting.

chris98251

Reaction score
Look at RB contracts this free agency season for RB's, it's obvious that value for them isn't there.

Even in a run first offense we had limited touches by Lync in the Super Bowl, yes it was the defense set up to stop him but. Had he went off for 200 yds lets say the market would have been different for RB's. Nobody views them as a value, we do because of possession time and making us multi dimentional. It will take a team using the RB and more or less showcasing them and winning a Super Bowl ala Marcus Allen to bring them back to the forefront.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":1d4tgdqf said:
Would be surprised if he has much value based on what he's done so far. Our system really rewards runners with great balance because players with balance (Golden Tate, Marshawn Lynch) are a lot harder to bring down. Turbin has maybe the worst balance I've ever seen, he is an arm tackle waiting to happen and on kickoffs he struggled mightily to break the 20 yard line because he'd often fall down on his own just from trying to make cuts at full speed.

If he has any real value in the NFL, it might be to a pass first team that gives him big holes to run through on Mike Holmgren's patented 3rd and long draw plays. Teams that intimidate with the pass and then audible to run when they get formations they like. But on a team like ours that runs in obvious running situations and asks their RBs to break some tackles for tough yards, Turbin just doesn't fit.

Also, with Lynch's big cap hit coming in 2015 we should expect this to be Lynch's last year in Seattle. Would they really have Michael rot on the bench for two years and then step in to start in 2015? Seems unlikely- I expect Michael will probably be promoted to #2 RB this season. Then it could be a battle between Ware and Turbin for the #3 job. Ware fits our scheme infinitely better. So I wouldn't be surprised if Turbin fails to make our next 53 man.

With all that said, if I could get a 7th for Turbin right now, I would take it. It's not that I think he sucks in every system, but I just don't think he fits what we do, and one way or another I think his days in Seattle are numbered. I wouldn't be shocked if he catches on elsewhere, he does some things well, he has a great attitude, and he's fast.

Probably the best analysis I've seen on the subject. I've felt that Turbin got a bad rap here, but he never panned out after his rookie year (I felt he could get better). He is what he is, and he'll fit somewhere, but I think Ware would be more productive here. Turbin didn't give Lynch much of a rest this year.