Doug Baldwin

Giblien

Reaction score
It has been scary quiet with regards to Baldwin. Anyone heard anything on him?

sutz

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1xg7qopv said:
He still has to sign it, doesn't he? Yes

Is there a deadline? I don't think so.

I haven't hear if he's signed it yet. I presume he can so so whenever he wants, but if he doesn't he can't practice, which means missing the minicamps if he doesn't sign before then.

rideaducati

Reaction score
He is shopping for a deal from another team. If he gets a better, long term deal and that team is willing to give the Seahawks a second round pick, he will take that offer to the Seahawks and they can either match the deal and keep him or let him walk and receive a second round pick. That is why it remains unsigned.

CANHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2o5taw9x said:
He is shopping for a deal from another team. If he gets a better, long term deal and that team is willing to give the Seahawks a second round pick, he will take that offer to the Seahawks and they can either match the deal and keep him or let him walk and receive a second round pick. That is why it remains unsigned.

Bingo. Its a process. Just have to stay calm and let it play out. Really, the fact that there's no news is good news. Nobody's willing to pony up the necessary cash &/or pics to pry him away. Hope it stays quiet because quiet means we won't have to break the bank to keep him.

MPLogick

Reaction score
The draft is expected to be extremely strong at WR. I think it's unlikely another team is willing to pay Baldwin a sizable salary on a long-term deal AND give up a second round pick for him.