Curiously.....

Appleegg1

Reaction score
First and foremost-

Zack Miller is to be exalted! As well as Micheal Bennett. 12's please keep in mind that these two actually left cash on the table to remain Seahawks. Exalt them!

CURIOUSLY- how many players tweet props to the "fam" that left and got paid. I have not yet seen one prop tweeted to Zack Miller for taking a cut for the team.
I guess it's like that coworker that does good work and makes the rest look bad.

Zack Miller, you are a most noble man, and I, for one salute you!

drdiags

Reaction score
Why would a player congrat a guy for taking a cut? They may congrat him on staying with them but I am sure Miller isn't ecstatic about having to re-do his contract. It is a matter of principal to these guys. We, the fans, see things differently because we are happy our favorite team gets to keep a key player. Miller did what he thought made sense given the lay of the land but don't be fooled into thinking he sees this as some type of noble gesture. At least that is my opinion on it.

I say honor the contract from both sides but that is because I am a fan of the team and the players. Given a choice, I will go with the team. Players know the way this goes.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
If Zach had not accepted the restructure, he would have likely been cut by Tuesday. I'm glad he is still on the team, but I don't know if I would call that noble.

CPHawk

Reaction score
UGotHawked":uiuib12h said:
If Zach had not accepted the restructure, he would have likely been cut by Tuesday. I'm glad he is still on the team, but I don't know if I would call that noble.

Ok, except he would have got the money someplace else.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
CPHawk":9xa7gmqb said:
UGotHawked":9xa7gmqb said:

That's a definite maybe.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
In this case, the team and Zach did the right thing... kudos to them both.

Cartire

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1j6yiang said:
CPHawk":1j6yiang said:
UGotHawked":1j6yiang said:

That's a definite maybe.

I agree without a doubt that Zach would have got paid somewhere else. So either is agent is really lazy, or he took one for the team. Commend him I say.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What money? The Franchise Tag for TE's is 5 million. Love Zach but he isn't top 5.He was grossly overpaid and basically signed a fair market contract.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2es5v5fx said:
What money? The Franchise Tag for TE's is 5 million. Love Zach but he isn't top 5.He was grossly overpaid and basically signed a fair market contract.

Franchise tag for TEs is $7,035,000. It hasn't been under $5 million since 2009.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yeah I misread that. Still for me he's worth 4-5 million so I am impressed he took 3 million and totally put us in play for one more splash FA signing.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":7xj2b4zo said:
Yeah I misread that. Still for me he's worth 4-5 million so I am impressed he took 3 million and totally put us in play for one more splash FA signing.

Could not agree more.