Melton close to signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake206

Reaction score
@RapSheet: Meanwhile, #Seahawks and DT Henry Melton are deep in negotiations tonight, per source. We’ll see if he makes it to Dallas for his visit

sutz

Reaction score
Just heard that on Q13 News. Good addition if true.

:pray:

kearly

Reaction score
Probably means no Jared Allen if it goes through. Would love to be wrong. "Deep negotiations" doesn't sounds like he's going to settle for a bargain deal, unless you consider 1/5 a bargain (I wouldn't).

Seaswab

Reaction score
We have 17 mil in cap space why cant we sign allen still

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Rollover...plus I want players that are a little hungry to prove something...after ACL I think Melton has that chip

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Sign Melton to a Bennett like 1 year deal to re-establish himself and there's still money left to sign Jared Allen.
It can done as it was last off-season with Bennett and Avril.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":3amx0prj said:
Probably means no Jared Allen if it goes through. Would love to be wrong. "Deep negotiations" doesn't sounds like he's going to settle for a bargain deal, unless you consider 1/5 a bargain (I wouldn't).
Jared Allen was never a possibility if he's being serious. I mean 12 million? Get real or retire Jared.

drdiags

Reaction score
If Melton signed a 1 yr prove it deal, he would be setting himself up to fail. Listen to the interview with Clemons over on jaguars.com for a feel on how long it takes a normal athlete to get back in the groove. AP could bounce back in a matter of several months but I think most players are like Clemons.

Clemons said it wasn't until late in the season that he felt normal and until the playoffs before he felt he was playing at a high level. Melton has been out 5 months or so and should be ready for training camp, but I think he isn't going to get right until late in the season or next. Tough call on how many years at what value to give him. We will see if the FO can come up with a number everyone can feel good about.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":3845fdp8 said:

Why do you want Allen so bad? His decline is starting to set in. Many of his sacks just seemed to be coverage sacks last year, not a product of his skills.

drdiags

Reaction score
Allen is Kearly's guilty pleasure.

I just cannot see how the team can justify in their mind to cut a guy making $7.5M and replace him with a guy that requires a contract > $30M over 3 years. But the team had sniffed around Allen early according to the folks claiming to be in the know. It is kind of telling that the Broncos supposedly had an offer out to him but put it on hold for Ware. Peppers signed as well. Will be of interest to see how Allen's fate turns out.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
We all know how good the D is, but adding Allen would make it scary. Surely he can't be all about the money and not want to come here with a great chance at ring.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Maybe Allen starts considering a bargain deal with the addition of Melton

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":3gkcf80d said:
We all know how good the D is, but adding Allen would make it scary. Surely he can't be all about the money and not want to come here with a great chance at ring.

It comes down to a matter of pride thing. His agent spoke about him retiring if he cannot get the number he wants. If Peppers and Ware can get 3 for $30M, his stats are better than theirs over the course of their careers. He may do as you say but I will be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.