Hauschka re-signs: 3 years/$9 million

DavidSeven

Reaction score
@RapSheet: The #Seahawks agreed to terms with productive kicker Steven Hauschka on a 3-year deal worth $9.15M, including $3.35M guaranteed, source says

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Good deal, easy contract and a position locked up for a few years. Not having to worry about your kicker is always a good thing.

Jac

Reaction score
I think we're killing it this offseason by securing our difference makers and letting the role players go. I don't subscribe to the convention that kickers are fungible.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Deal makes Hau$chka the 11th highest paid kicker. His average salary is a hair less than Phil Dawson's (no pun).

Good deal.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
There was never any doubt in my mind. Good signing.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Good deal. He was very clutch when it mattered. 11 for 11 in the playoffs lifetime, 8 for 8 this past postseason.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Nice. The guy deserves it as well as he improved his game during last offseason. You could see it on kickoffs and his distance on FG's appeared to improve. The guy is the primary scoring source for the team and I hope he continues to work on his craft. He's emerging as one of the best, if not already the best, kickers in the game.

drcool

Reaction score
I thought $3 mil+ a year was way too high but then I looked at kicker's salaries across the NFL. Much higher than what I was thinking they were. There are 10 kickers making more than him but there are definitely not 10 kickers better than him.

Maybe you can get an out of work vet and pay them $600K, maybe you can get an UDFA and pay them even less and have a couple million to spend elsewhere but then maybe the guy is making the FG. Too many maybes there. This is a good signing by the Seahawks.

chihawk

Reaction score
A big pay increase for him...well deserved....and a very reasonable contract based on his performance.

I'm very happy that they did this. I was afraid that they would try to save a few bucks and not resign him and get someone that would come cheaper and then end up blowing a couple of games that comes down to last min FG....penny wise pound foolish.

Way to go FO.

chihawk

Reaction score
...and I guess his wife posting pics of popping champagne was indeed for the new contract.

Starrman44

Reaction score
My son will be immensely happy. I don't know why he is drawn to a kicker of all things. He talks about Stephen Hauschka all the time. I think he likes him next right after Russell Wilson.

Jac

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":3dex6821 said:
Good deal. He was very clutch when it mattered. 11 for 11 in the playoffs lifetime, 8 for 8 this past postseason.

Yeah, this is a critical stat. We are a team that should be making deep playoff runs for the next few years. We have to have a kicker that can deal with the pressure.

Largent80

Reaction score
A GREAT signing. Having a money kicker is just as important as anything else. People really take kickers for granted.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
A solid value signing for easily one of the best. I do not recall a single time this year when Steven Hauschka came on and thought, "Oh, man. I hope he makes this one." It was more "Well, we settled for a guaranteed three."

That's a good state of mind. Welcome back, Dr. Hauschka.

theascension

Reaction score
11th highest kicker money for a top 5(or top 3) kicker? Awesome in every way. Love the Haushmoney.