My brother called me last night, he's mad at Carroll

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Still shaking my head.
So, he calls me and the first thing he says is , "Carroll is an idiot". He then tirades about his ego and how many FA we have lost.
I had to remind him about the salary cap and how we have to prepare to solidify our unreplaceable future FA's. Seriously, I was shocked at him. He is a former big ten football player and knows the game or so I thought. lol.
I proceeded to remind him that John Schneider was also part of this. FA is NOT done yet and there is a very deep WR/OL class in this draft.
He was livid about losing Thurmond. I pointed out the obvious, but to no ado.

I personally am not worried. Will we repeat? Who knows. Odds are that we won't. I do feel we will be a winning team and the near future is going to be great.

I cannot wait for the draft to see what our FO has up their sleeve.

OK. My vent is over now. GoHawks!!!

jblaze

Reaction score
Who would be mad about losing Thurmond? Suspension and then couldn't win back the #2 so he's a slot guy and Lane has proven himself more than capable. Just look at the contract he got, lame. He is broken goods and I think he gets exposed in NY.

Sounds like your brother was drunk or something. Irrational and illogical.

Don't forget, Allen and Melton are still in play and we may well bring back Rice. When you have success like we've had recently, your players get overpaid in FA, you can't keep them all, pick your core players and let the role players walk.

The only one I'm upset about so far is Tate and I'm only mildly upset because he got overpaid for his skill set and what we are as a run first offense. Good for him! I just hate that we sat through his lengthy development to finally becoming a strong threat and now he walks. Oh well.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I'm with you, not worried as PC/JS have been doing phenomenal in FA and the draft since arriving. Will they hit every single time, no. But they have done so well so far that I'm extremely pleased. The one worry I have is that Pete may not have the same insight with the upcoming drafts as he has had since he's been out of the college recruiting for four years now. I'm sure he still has an eye for talent, but he doesn't have that in-depth knowledge from trying to recruit for USC. I may be way off base as I'm not sure how involved he was in that process, but that is just my take.

bandiger

Reaction score
Gotta keep the core guys. Thomas, Sherman, Wilson, Lynch, Chancellor, Bennet are ones that you want to keep as they are in thier prime. Thurmond/Browner would have been nice to keep but then you see guys like Simon, Shead, Lane, etc in the wings waiting for thier chance its kinda obvious they were gonna move on at some point.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good riddance on Thurmond. Tell your brother, notice who signed Thurmond? And for how much and how long? AND, they are already trying to replace him with DRC.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
No one wrings their hands over losing B-teamers and replaceable starters quite as hard as Seahawks fans do.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
lol. I told him everything that has been relayed here. He will probably calm down and was just venting like I am right now about his bitchfest. I called and left him a message about Hauska(sp?). GoHawks!!!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
DavidSeven":bzkn72fc said:
No one wrings their hands over losing B-teamers and replaceable starters quite as hard as Seahawks fans do.

:lol:

Anyone who is mad at Pete Carroll about sixty days after he won the Super Bowl should be forced to endlessly live in 2008 forever or maybe just 1992 if they're only a Seahawks fan and not a Seattle sports fan.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nothing personal, but I can't describe what I think of your brother based on what you've said in here without being in the shack.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2av1dzg8 said:
DavidSeven":2av1dzg8 said:

:lol:

Anyone who is mad at Pete Carroll about sixty days after he won the Super Bowl should be forced to endlessly live in 2008 forever or maybe just 1992 if they're only a Seahawks fan and not a Seattle sports fan.
2008 was the worst year for Seattle sports and it's not even close

Seahawks 4-12
Mariners 100 losses
Huskies 0-12
Sonics officially now the OKC Thunder

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Dear Seahwkgal's brother,

Idiots don't lead teams to the highest level of success at the highly competitive national level multiple times. Only three people EVER in the HISTORY OF EXISTENCE have accomplished this in both the NCAA and NFL.

Sincerely,
HATC

PS: If anyone knows about sustaining success in the face of player turnover, it's Pete Carroll. Don't worry.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Ask your bro if he would rather see the team re-sign backups now and lose superstars later?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
people don't seem to get that these moves aren't just for this offseason, they are also in preparation of next year, where we will need an absolute minimum of about 30m to lock up Sherman/Wilson.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":r8kmi0ta said:
Still shaking my head.
So, he calls me and the first thing he says is , "Carroll is an idiot". He then tirades about his ego and how many FA we have lost.
I had to remind him about the salary cap and how we have to prepare to solidify our unreplaceable future FA's. Seriously, I was shocked at him. He is a former big ten football player and knows the game or so I thought. lol.

Did your brother play at Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, or Penn State?

Carroll beat down all of these Big Ten schools pretty ferociously while he was at USC.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawknation2014":18so3yrq said:
Seahwkgal":18so3yrq said:
Still shaking my head.

Did your brother play at Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, or Penn State?

Carroll beat down all of these Big Ten schools pretty ferociously while he was at USC.
Purdue. LOL. LT and he does not like Okung at all. He was a fan of Breno though. I think he will calm down.
I tend to be a Negative Nancy a lot but I am surprisingly calm right now. I told him he needs to get laid. lol

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I love what PC and JS are doing right now. They are playing things very patiently and intelligently. Every resigning has been good value for the team