Finley used Peyton Manning neck injury as leverage (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
According to my buddy his conversation with Kearse about Finley included a negotiation tactic that included mentioning Manning and his recovery from neck surgery as leverage to get a multi-year contract and ease concern about about his back but seattle didn't bite but that they are still negotiating the contract.

Take it for what it's worth, I could just keep it to myself but I'd rather share for those that are interested.

Personally, on 1 year prov-it deal is the way I'd want to sign the guy.

* Added (Rumor) to the title to signify this is not a reported fact, but a rumor - RockHawk

hawksman53

Reaction score
Miller, McCoy and Wilson...Enough said. Why risk signing a damaged goods guy and him getting hurt and us having to pay him for nothing? I would rather draft ASJ.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
We simply haven't fared all that well with these type of guys coming off major injuries. I keep thinking of Kellen Winslow when I think about him. Winslow was good but he surely was not 100% when he came here.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawksman53":33uifl6v said:
Miller, McCoy and Wilson...Enough said. Why risk signing a damaged goods guy and him getting hurt and us having to pay him for nothing? I would rather draft ASJ.

don't you dare forget about Cooper Helfet!

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":31yl95o4 said:
We simply haven't fared all that well with these type of guys coming off major injuries. I keep thinking of Kellen Winslow when I think about him. Winslow was good but he surely was not 100% when he came here.

Kellen looked good in preseason but word was the guy wasnt meshing with his teammates and was kind of an asshole. That's why they let him go.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1cniak7s said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1cniak7s said:

Kellen looked good in preseason but word was the guy wasnt meshing with his teammates and was kind of an asshole. That's why they let him go.
Yeah... I heard that he wouldn't even jump off the ground the required 3-4" to touch the "I'm IN" sign over the doorway.

He said that he didn't need to.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
hawksman53":3tc0oi2d said:

I agree, I wanted Jermichael but he's dillusional at best comparing himself to Manning and touting himself as that kind of talent. With Miller, Willson and a hopefully fully recovered McCoy not only is there not really a need, but not really room. Id rather use that cash to add Melton or Allen or BOTH. We still need another offensive weapon in case Percy goes down and that's besides Sidney because we can't trust him to remain healthy either.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1asbm788 said:
BlueBlood":1asbm788 said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1asbm788 said:

Yeah... I heard that he wouldn't even jump off the ground the required 3-4" to touch the "I'm IN" sign over the doorway.

He said that he didn't need to.

At the point it's GTFO :141847_bnono:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksman53":2p79u7m1 said:

Because Miller is probably getting cut, which leaves a 2nd year inexperienced Wilson and missed an entire year in McCoy as your two starters.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bouf4d9 said:
hawksman53":1bouf4d9 said:

Because Miller is probably getting cut, which leaves a 2nd year inexperienced Wilson and missed an entire year in McCoy as your two starters.

Miller just restructured and added a year to his contract

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
If he signs, does Seattle need to supply the stretcher or will he bring his own?

Seriously though, if they sign this dude it needs to be a 1-year prove it deal... he hasn't really done anything since entering the league...the kind of numbers he put up could easily be found in a player via the draft, or by our very own Luke Willson.

I'd rather Seattle avoid this dude...never hurts to give him a look over though.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3k3skfry said:
hawksman53":3k3skfry said:

don't you dare forget about Cooper Helfet!

You can't stop Cooper Helfet... you can only hope to contain him!

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1utrm440 said:
Duh duh dun!cans dad is back?

bahahaha that is exactly what I think when I read something that starts out "my buddy..."

As soon as I read that, all else is no longer valid

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
BlueBlood":25pmcpro said:
hawksman53":25pmcpro said:

I agree, I wanted Jermichael but he's dillusional at best comparing himself to Manning and touting himself as that kind of talent.
Where has it been written that Finley has been touting himself as a Peyton Manning-type talent? He's simply (allegedly) been citing the precedent of Manning's successful return from spinal fusion surgery to help alleviate teams' concerns over his own situation....as well he should. There's absolutely no risk in signing Finley to a deal with little to no guaranteed money. None. And it's certainly less risky than re-signing a player to a fully guaranteed contract who just missed an entire year with a torn Achilles and hasn't even been cleared to resume normal football activities yet.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Finley is wise to use any and all negotiating tactics he can in this business.

I'm all in favor of bringing him in as 4th we/te.
He's a rare talent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Now that we restructured Miller, I have a hard time believing that we're in the market for Finley anymore............unless he's cool with a lowball one year deal. I just can't imagine someone's not going to step up and give him a multi-year deal.

Brahn

Reaction score
Finley would be more a WR than a TE in our system. 2 TE set with Finley in the slot? That is a lot of blocking on the line.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sounds like the original poster covering his butt after announcing that a deal was done pending doctor clearance. While Finley may still sign, this feels like a hedging of bets.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
The OP is not to be a trusted source just as an FYI to anyone who hasn't followed along. He called Bennett an idiot before we signed him and then after taking quite a bit of heat made up some ridiculous story of how Bennett was mean to his little boy.

He posted this in the other Finley thread. This is just an example, I could take more time to show what a fraud he is but this is enough. Basically he ran with the Incarcerated Bob report which is of course laughable.

BlueBlood":qxj70cpg said:
Incoherent Bob isn't the only one saying this. My buddy knows Jermaine Kearse and got a text from him saying that it's done. He forwarded the text to me so know it's just a matter of trusting my friend who could've easily doctored the text but I doubt it..

"J-Fin coming in Bro its a done deal"

Take it with salt if need be but I believe this is legit 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.