Seattle's Secondary won't be challenged

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Jeez I love hearing all this praise for the Seahawks.......

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...egion-of-boom?campaign=Facebook_instantdebate

Coming off a season in which the Seattle Seahawks won it all behind an imposing secondary, it wasn't a surprise that a slew of other contenders -- like the New England Patriots (who added Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner), Denver Broncos (T.J. Ward, Aqib Talib) and New Orleans Saints (Jairus Byrd) -- used free agency to stock up on defensive backs.......

Of course, the Seahawks are still stacked, with Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor and Byron Maxwell primed to pick up where they left off in 2013. But several teams around the NFL have done their best to close the gap. Considering the moves that have marked a busy free agency period, which secondary has the best shot at challenging the "Legion of Boom" as the league's best?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Love the praise, the comments are ridiculous though. Pat and buc fans are delusional. Their #2 is browner who when he sees the field will be the first time in almost a year. And Thomas is better than McCourty and their SS isn't even close

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
As a long term Seahawk fan, this all amazes me. I look at the team and totally agree with these observations and that is without mentioning our other position strengths. We are monster tough.

Wow wow wow!

Gametime

Reaction score
What amazes me is the balance between the 3 units of D line, Linebackers, and secondary. Many teams invest to beef up one or two but to have ALL THREE units stacked is what makes this defense so special. The D line gets more time to pressure because the Linebackers and DB's are all locking down the WR's and backs. In turn, the DB's aren't left on islands for too long because the D line is coming hard and cutting down the time a QB can spend in the pocket and time that the WR need to shake free of the coverage. THEN... if that's not enough. The linebackers get sideline to sideline and hit like trucks, taking away both the intermediate passing game, screen game, and run game.

When you really think about trying to attack this defense.... there is no glaring weakness to exploit. I mean nothing. Then you add depth to those groups?

My goodness. Thank you PC and JS is all I can say.