I'm Hoping

Largent80

Reaction score
That Christin Michael "gets it" this year. In other words, learn the blocking/pick up part of being an RB in this system.

The reason I say this is sadly, I believe this to be the last year we see #24.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I think M.L. will be cut after this year was my thinking. Too many contracts and he is getting to "that age" for RB.

Seaswab

Reaction score
I hope so too, blocking is a matter of want to and effort. That was his knock in college.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We'll know how much he "gets it" if he can't get past Turbin on the depth chart come training camp.

If he does, then we can cut Turbin and start getting excited about seeing Michael in some games this year. If not? Then it's time to hit the panic button on him being the future running back.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
We have seen so little of him, but what I did see was someone more explosive than Turbin. If MRob is gone maybe Turbin can lead block.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah sadly this may be the last year of the Beast. I think he might retire after this year rather than be cut. But either way I think this is it, unfortunately.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
In these cases, it would behooove us to get an UDFA rb for some competition. We may not keep the oofda, but that may scare some others into doing their job differently??

misfit

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ctdmo8c said:
We'll know how much he "gets it" if he can't get past Turbin on the depth chart come training camp.

If he does, then we can cut Turbin and start getting excited about seeing Michael in some games this year. If not? Then it's time to hit the panic button on him being the future running back.

Turbin isn't gonna get cut.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I agree that next season may be Beast Mode's last one with the Hawks. It's rather concerning to me that Christine didn't get any action this year even in garbage time. How bad could he not be getting it?

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
How are we so sure this will be Lynch's last year? You can still be successful at RB at 30 years or older. Sure most times it doesn't happen, but some RBs have been great even in their early 30s.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkFan72":12itwazv said:
Yeah sadly this may be the last year of the Beast. I think he might retire after this year rather than be cut. But either way I think this is it, unfortunately.

I'm wondering why everyone thinks he's done. Yes, the cap hit is unfavorable, but he might be amenable to restructure.

I know Lynch has a punishing running style, but he's still young. I thought he was wearing down at the end of 2012, but he seemed strong as ever the end of last year. He didn't seem to need to get spelled, they watched his reps a bit, he gets rest in practice, keeps himself if good shape, and still ran very strong through the playoffs and Superbowl.

It's not his fault that our interior OL folds like a wet paper bag against dominant DL's. Lynch looked strong and fast as ever. I'm not going to make any assumptions until the end of next year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has pretty solid depth and good talent at RB at present with Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Ware, and Coleman. I'd even consider bring Mike Robinson back if he can fit under he cap.

Lynch is 28 in April and has 2 seasons left on his deal he's been durable and if well managed could easily finish out his deal w/o any concerns. I can't see the team cutting Marshawn until the wheels fall off he's been amazing and special and runs tough. Michael and Ware looked poised to compete with Turbin for the backup job. The Hawks are in a good position at RB and may even have a trade piece available at the position.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":1w9usdpr said:
How are we so sure this will be Lynch's last year? You can still be successful at RB at 30 years or older. Sure most times it doesn't happen, but some RBs have been great even in their early 30s.

Nobody can be sure however, his contract may be the reason.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
On the whole, I thought he had more runs with multiple missed tackles and carrying defenders for extra yards than the previous ones. I believe he's got a lot more.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1phskseq said:
Seaswab":1phskseq said:
I hope so too, blocking is a matter of want to and effort. That was his knock in college.
Really? Link please.
+1
Yeah, I would also appreciate seeing something more concrete than the .net speculative shortcomings about Michael. Exactly where does all this negative information originate? I've seen the kid play in college and in pre-season. I don't quite understand the knocks on his game. He's electric. It's just Marshawn's team right now.

drrew

Reaction score
Marshawn has a $9m cap number which includes a $2m roster bonus in 2015. He's not seeing that money.

He'll either be gone, finishing up his career with the Raiders, or negotiated way down, Zach Miller style.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
jammerhawk":b8x2jbd3 said:
The team has pretty solid depth and good talent at RB at present with Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Ware, and Coleman. I'd even consider bring Mike Robinson back if he can fit under he cap.

Lynch is 28 in April and has 2 seasons left on his deal he's been durable and if well managed could easily finish out his deal w/o any concerns. I can't see the team cutting Marshawn until the wheels fall off he's been amazing and special and runs tough. Michael and Ware looked poised to compete with Turbin for the backup job. The Hawks are in a good position at RB and may even have a trade piece available at the position.

I don't see PC and JS waiting until the wheels fall off. If anything, I think they error on the side of caution and get rid of somebody a year before the wheels may fall off.

theascension

Reaction score
Whatever happens I hope we improve the oline in the next 2 years so that even if we're stuck with some fairly mediocre RB talent we don't look so bad.
The main reason Lynch is such an awesome threat is even with one of the worst O-line's last year and 8 men in the box he found a way.
You're not going to find another RB like that anytime soon in a post-lynch Seahawks.