Marshawn Lynch

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Is it reasonable to expect Marshawn to carry the ball 18 or 19 times per game this year, as he has done the previous three seasons? Beast Mode has to take a toll on his body, particularly that game against the Niners for the NFC Championship. He had a combined 50 carries in the first two playoff games, and we began to see the effects in the Super Bowl.

In 2014, will Marshawn . . . average over four yards per carry? run for over a thousand yards? score at least ten TDs?

gadgor

Reaction score
He will have his best year. 1700 yards with 15 tds.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I agree, he is goingto be a real beast this year. I also see him at over 1500 yards

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
With some continuity and improvement from the OL, I expect Lynch to be as (or more) productive on a YPC basis as he's been, though I fully expect his total # of touches to go down in 2014 as the Hawks work Christine Michael more and more into the mix and prepare him to take over in 2015.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think he has a couple more good seasons left. I don't think the super bowl really showed anything other than the Denver run d is pretty good and Knighton is an effective run stopper. I do hope to see Michael step up and take some snaps this year. He is such an explosive athlete, comparable to Harvin imo.

BamKam

Reaction score
I think as long as the Seahawks continue to nurse him the way they have been (limited practicing) he will be able to do 20+ carries for a couple more seasons.

CANHawk

Reaction score
We've got two really good backs (Turbin and Michael) to go along with our all world Beast Mode. And Spencer Ware who could contribute as well. Oh and Percy Harvin who will get some carries. I fully expect Shawn's carries to go down in `14 as we adopt a more RB by committee feel.

Thant being said, Marshawn needs a certain minimum amount of carries to achieve beast mode, so he'll still get the lion's share. It'll be good though to put him on a pitch count to make sure he's ready for the playoffs (and the eventual life after seattle &/or football).

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I doubt he'll lay an egg, but we won't spend $9m in cap to keep him the next year. If he's restructured for significantly less, maybe.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If we actually start randomizing our formations so defenders have to account for Percy even on some plays where we hand off to Lynch, I expect him to have his best year as a Seahawk to date.

Now, imagine I just said that aloud in Ben Stein's voice to get a read on how likely I think that is to happen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1wsafzv2 said:
I think 2014 is his last year here.

Maybe. If he has a monster year (1,500 yards, 10+ TD's), it'll be VERY hard to cut him for 2015.

The problem then will be Marshawn wanting an extension, and being a problem if he doesn't get it. I love me some Beast Mode, but he can be a pain in the ass to a franchise if he's unhappy.........just ask the Bills.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I see Marshawn sticking around for one or two more seasons, and finishing his career with the Oakland Raiders.

2 more owl trophies under his belt,a nd it'll be easier to part ways with him and let him go to his hometown before retiring.

MVP53

Reaction score
gadgor":2fd42ji3 said:
He will have his best year. 1700 yards with 15 tds.

There any reason, other than just homerism or optimism, to assume he'll have career highs in yards & TDs in his age 28 season?

1700 yards & 15 TDs would be the second best statistical season a RB has had since 2009, by the way.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1igyhu8j said:
MizzouHawkGal":1igyhu8j said:

Maybe. If he has a monster year (1,500 yards, 10+ TD's), it'll be VERY hard to cut him for 2015.

The problem then will be Marshawn wanting an extension, and being a problem if he doesn't get it. I love me some Beast Mode, but he can be a pain in the ass to a franchise if he's unhappy.........just ask the Bills.
Doesn't matter between his age and cap number he's gone regardless of production.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nu4vtm6 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2nu4vtm6 said:

Doesn't matter between his age and cap number he's gone regardless of production.

ManBunts

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ngajclok said:
Sgt. Largent":ngajclok said:
MizzouHawkGal":ngajclok said:

Why? Are you coming from a money standpoint, or from a team standpoint? I get it that at some point we'll want the next generation to step up. And Beast Mode probably won't stand to be backup. So if that's your point, fair enough, but just curious why.

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dmfco25 said:
If we actually start randomizing our formations so defenders have to account for Percy even on some plays where we hand off to Lynch, I expect him to have his best year as a Seahawk to date.

I wonder how much of the offense the Seahawks had to scrap once they realized Percy was going to be out most of the season? From the little I understand about how coaches prepare their teams, the offense is usually planned out prior to OTAs and expanded during TC. Too bad our embedded Seahawks media aren't as probing or have enough relationship with Seahawks coaches to get a real answer to this question.

There should have been contingencies planned for losing Harvin, but one has to wonder how much they scrapped or mothballed prior to the regular season. Anyway, just wanted to use your post as a springboard for this random thought.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
His cap number hits $9 million in 2015. The team will be looking to give Russell Wilson a big raise. Sherman & Thomas will be getting huge raises. They'll be deciding whether to resign Avril or replace him, and they'll also probably be trying to resign KJ Wright.

There is zero chance IMO that Lynch stays unless he pulls a Zach Miller.

chris98251

Reaction score
History has shown a traditional drop off in prduction of RB's when they hit 30, Marshawn is a physical back who's style is delivering blows and collisions, that typically shortens a backs career even more. You will then be paying a player on your roster who is dropping off, RB's don't tend to slowly drop off, it usually appears in dramatic fashion.

If he has a good year this season the smart money is on trading him before the drop off to sa place like Oakland that can use him and where he would be happy. In fact they may do it this year and it would not surprise me if Michaels is ready to play. McKenzie is a former staff member of GB as well, if they have got over the Flynn and Curry spankings they could be open to it.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I think we keep him one more season, and I expect his carries to drop as they try and get Christine more involved.
That is assuming that CM is going to be the next number one.
I sure hope they ain't thinking Turbin as Shawn's replacement.
But who knows; they could grab another guy this year too!