Baldwin over Tate all week long and twice on Sunday

tom sawyer

Reaction score
With all this chitter-chatter chitter-chatter 'bout shmatta, shmatta, shmatta Tate...

I've been watchin' lotsa lotsa lotsa film of the big B this last year -- Doug Baldwin.

I'd pay him what Tate got in Detroit, plus interest, plus new Lamborghini, and Limo...and a driver!!!

Baldwin baby, all week long and TWICE on Sunday!!!!!

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Not sure Baldwin is better than Tate. Both are very good. However Baldwin was sick in the playoffs when it mattered most, Tate had a pretty sub-par playoffs.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm guessing we'll be wishing Baldwin the best in New England next year. And wish Kearse the best at some other team the year after that. And we won't care, because we'll keep mining the draft for quality #2 receivers.

Tate's departure was revealing for how much Seattle has budgeted for #2 receivers going forward.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
kearly":1l1uupd8 said:
I'm guessing we'll be wishing Baldwin the best in New England next year. And wish Kearse the best at some other team the year after that. And we won't care, because we'll keep mining the draft for quality #2 receivers.

Tate's departure was revealing for how much Seattle has budgeted for #2 receivers going forward.

Agree. And I think we're gonna be the same way when it comes to CB's.

TAB420

Reaction score
If free agency has taught us anything this years it's that you have to build your future from the draft and have those guys ready to step up when the starters end their contracts and are looking to break the bank. Being a Ducks fan it always pissed me off how USC could lose key players to the draft year after year and never miss a beat. Now I see it's because he handled recruiting like the draft. Carroll's team has 53 starters. But half of them are on deck just waiting for their chance.

theascension

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":9w198htz said:
Agree. And I think we're gonna be the same way when it comes to CB's.
Perhaps Maxwell but Sherman is a once in a generation player. They'll pay him his worth.

TAB420

Reaction score
I agree. You have to keep Sherman. He's the Ying and Wilsons the yang. Without two complete opposites on each side of the ball this whole thing would blow up....lol

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Excuse me but...

Doug Baldwin will be a Seahawk for life along with Russell Wilson.

He likely won't be enshrined but he has a Hall of Fame mentality that enshrouds his competitive heart.

You don't just don't "develop" receivers like Baldwin , you can only hope to find one like him.

He's also the type that will only continue to get better and better as he gains experience and then sustain that peak performance for a long time or as much his body permits.

For as cheap as some of you guys are selling Baldwin's ability/worth, the Panthers would be better off trading their late 2nd round pick for Doug, while using their first round pick to grab a potential #1 WR. And call it a day.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tate must have slept with the girlfriends/wives of half .NET's forum members to get this kind of reaction from so many.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
In before next year's "Kearse over Baldwin all week long and twice on Sunday" thread.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I hope Baldwin agrees to a long-term extension at a reasonable rate and is not too put off by how the Tate situation was handled.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":zrwr4gus said:
Tate must have slept with the girlfriends/wives of half .NET's forum members to get this kind of reaction from so many.

Tate stole my girlfriend....

She was the most beautiful Top Pot Donut.

plyka

Reaction score
kearly":3df81t1k said:

You're making a mistake if you think the hawks see Baldwin the same as Tate, or whether they see the two situations as similar. I knew Tate was long gone because there is no room for him on this team. Baldwin is the better #2 WR and he has a higher ceiling. Not to mention you can have only so many short #2 WR. The hawks are looking for that tall red zone target, and they have now opened a spot for that guy on this team with tates departure.

Basically Baldwin > Tate, Also cheaper, and with Tate gone, the situation has changed.

Latest posts