I created a Salary Cap / Contract Spreadsheet

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Using Excel last night I created an easy to use Contract Spreadsheet that allows you to plug in different numbers based on what you think a player will get in an upcoming contract. I used the spotrac.com layout and modeled it after that, with cells that add up salary cap, dead money, savings if cut, etc. I admit that I'm kind of a numbers geek and it's fun for me to play around with things like this. Based on some posts in the last couple of weeks there may be some of you that have the same kind of interests. If you'd like me to email you the spreadsheet please PM me your email address and I'll send it over to you. Cheers.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Very cool. Can you put it on Google Drive or Dropbox and make a public link to share it?

joeshaney

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":27jugqwy said:
Using Excel last night I created an easy to use Contract Spreadsheet that allows you to plug in different numbers based on what you think a player will get in an upcoming contract. I used the spotrac.com layout and modeled it after that, with cells that add up salary cap, dead money, savings if cut, etc. I admit that I'm kind of a numbers geek and it's fun for me to play around with things like this. Based on some posts in the last couple of weeks there may be some of you that have the same kind of interests. If you'd like me to email you the spreadsheet please PM me your email address and I'll send it over to you. Cheers.

Sounds great. I'm interested.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
jblaze":vj530bkk said:

They have to be wrong on Bennett's deal right? It says his cap number is only 4mil but I thought contract details said he would earn $10 million.

They also have to be wrong on Jeron Johnson because they say he just signed his 2.187 tender but I thought he re-signed for us under a million.

MPLogick

Reaction score
No, they're correct on both deals. Click on the different years and you'll see the cap numbers change depending on the year. It's a very accurate website.

Johnson's not going to re-sign for under a million if they gave him the 2nd round tender. It means they've already offered him over 2 million for this year.

OP
OP
I

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to use it on dropbox. The file I created is one where you can play around with individual contract details. Still PM me if interested. Sent it to three people so far and am waiting for feedback from them.

Latest posts