Would we really let Sherman......

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We trade him before he could walk to Denver or Dallas since they have all this magic cap room :p

Smellyman

Reaction score
Corners like Sherman don't come around too often.

having Sherman on one side helps free up Earl quite a bit. Allows Earl to cheat more and not worry bout Serman's side.

Throwdown

Reaction score
No, not without a the bounty worth 10 kings. Having Earl and Sherman on the field is so crucial, you're practically deleting 2 areas on the field with them.

rain7

Reaction score
Dunno, something tells me that there is something to what Hall was saying. The namndi asomugha example makes me think twice.

Put another way, if we had two maxwells, do we really think things would fall apart? Earl seems like the true centerpiece to this defense. Also sems suspicious that we turned a cfl player into a probowler and two late round picks into probowlers as well, scheme seems like a big part of it.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2vjd3tp4 said:
We trade him before he could walk to Denver or Dallas since they have all this magic cap room :p
I like it. :thirishdrinkers:

For a bag of chips I presume?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
rain7":2hxomihj said:
Dunno, something tells me that there is something to what Hall was saying. The namndi asomugha example makes me think twice.

Put another way, if we had two maxwells, do we really think things would fall apart? Earl seems like the true centerpiece to this defense. Also sems suspicious that we turned a cfl player into a probowler and two late round picks into probowlers as well, scheme seems like a big part of it.

Hall was full of it. Don't buy into that.

Sherman helps the defense immensely because he shuts down one side of the field and allows Earl to focus more on the middle and the other side. That significantly helps the other cornerback. To me both are equally as important.

KK84

Reaction score
rain7":18gy63yf said:

#1. Lol Hall
#2. Nnamdi and Sherman are absolutely nothing alike.
#3. Sherman will be an elite corner for years. In a Seahawks jersey. Period.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I think PC absolutely would deal Sherman in some sort of blockbuster trade if one came up.

He'd absolutely move on if Sherm got IRed and Lane/Auguste/Simon stepped in and showed enough skill and promise for a fraction of the price as well. If he thinks ET3's grow on trees he'd pull the trigger with him as well.

Sherm's got 3 years in the NFL playing with multiple pro bowlers/all pros and excellent coverage LBs to help shut down his side of the field.

PC has coached 3 of the best secondaries the NFL has seen in the past 40 years.

Sherm didn't suddenly come along and write PC's entire resume.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I suppose we could survive it, but we'd never let a player like that go without at least getting some compensation. So Tag and trade, at worst.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
And then Lady Talon enters the room and doesn't disappoint.:)

I love it. Hence my question because all of your responses have backing. To make it easier for you I expect that we resign him at 10-11 per..

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Really? = We would have made more FA signings had we not thought about extending E, RS and the upcoming contract of our on-field general.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
And then Lady Talon enters the room and doesn't disappoint.:)

I love it. Hence my question because all of your responses have backing. To make it easier for you I expect that we resign him at 9-10 million per....

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pete Carroll's system can make many CBs succeed. It's why so many corners have looked good ever since he started coaching here.

However Sherman really is the best Cb in the league and you don't just let those guys walk away. Another CB could come in and do a decent job (like Maxwell), but Sherman is a star.

Earl is the priority, but Sherman shouldn't be allowed to walk.

Sac

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3oemq281 said:
Pete Carroll's system can make many CBs succeed. It's why so many corners have looked good ever since he started coaching here.

However Sherman really is the best Cb in the league and you don't just let those guys walk away. Another CB could come in and do a decent job (like Maxwell), but Sherman is a star.

Earl is the priority, but Sherman shouldn't be allowed to walk.

Maxwell will be a star too. Book it.