Defensive Starters (Speculation) Holy Crap we could be.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightbench

Reaction score
Here's the potential starters for 2014/15. This is only if none of our draft picks from this year (or our redshirts from last year) becoming starters after the Allen Signing (not quite final yet)

DE: Avril/Allen
DT: Mebane/ Bennett
LB: Wright/ Wagner/ Irvin(Smith)
CB: Maxwell/ Sherman
S: Chancellor/ Thomas

Wow that would be nice to run out every Sunday.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Could there 2014 defense be better than the 2013?

Wow

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1384bht1 said:

Wow

Need to see what our depth players look like because that's the only area we've taken a hit. Need to see how Lane (or Simon) holds up at Nickle since that will be a key position of competition this offseason.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
if given the chance Lane will knock it out the park.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3u1xv82y said:

Wow
No, but their 2014 could be. :th2thumbs:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1c5yrwsh said:
Hawkfan77":1c5yrwsh said:

Wow
No, but their 2014 could be. :th2thumbs:
Haha, what's the most funny is that it should have read "the"..Could "THE" 2014 defense

Time for a coffee break!

theascension

Reaction score
Legion of VROOM.
With Jared up front could we improve statistically defensively again? Like we did in 2013 over 2012?

OP
OP
rightbench

rightbench

Reaction score
our defense can now be known as

Demolition Derby!!!

A whole lot of VROOM followed by a whole lot of BOOOOOM

253hawk

Reaction score
rightbench":1xtooicz said:
what does Nascar package + LOB =? Any math majors out there?

I came up with an overflow error...of awesomeness.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with the "depends on depth" argument. We're not in bad shape for depth, but it remains to see how the rest of the offseason shakes out. All in all, I think you have to say our D-line rotation isnt bad (especially if they close on Allen), our LB starters are good, and the LoB is the LoB, but we'll have to see how the nickle/dime situation plays out.

With our coaching staff and JS's ability to mine talent from the draft, I'd say we're in pretty good shape. Better than '13? Hard to predict right now, but I think we'll be at least as good.

Apeman00

Reaction score
rightbench":tenbenyr said:
what does Nascar package + LOB =? Any math majors out there?

I am leaning towards the "Legion of Boom and the Wall of Chaos."

Nice ring to it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
It looks great, I hope they can score 20 point a game, because they will need to.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Anthony, wow, you are a really negative poster. Is there nothing remotely exciting about the Allen addition possibility? You know the team is likely not as bad as you have concluded they have become, as some of the depth may just be ready to shine.

We've heard the constant kvetch about the OLine. Answer this, who should they sign that's out there? Who's out there worth paying big bucks to acquire? Are they proven and demonstrably talented like Allen? BTW the cap until recently was very overweighted for the O.

If there isn't a guy that is out there then your answer for the OLine is the draft or the re-cycling of castoffs to find a diamond in the rough, or a trade. Is there a trade you advocate? It is only the 2nd week of FA and any potentially top tier OLinemen have been well paid or likely even overpaid already. Is it Breno you grieve over with his consistent drive stalling penalty taking predisposition, or McQuistan? Would you have paid Breno the $ the Jets paid, & will the team actually be worse without him? Was McQuistan worth his deal last year is it worth paying a 31 yr old marginal talent for him to return?

The potential addition of the threat that is Allen is exciting. Apparently you disagree and think the the FO doesn't get the need for a RT or better OG talent & depth at OT? Really? Or is it the need for a WR? You do know this draft is the deepest in talent in 10 years @ WR don't you? JMO but frankly the talent we have here now is quite underrated or appreciated. Regardless, do you not think the reason why Tate wasn't as big a FA priority was tactical and a draft target or two haven't been identified? We will likely get a conditional pick back for him.

Hey, lest it appear this is an attack, it isn't, but your negativity which I suppose is a reasonable position based on the present + & - of FAs seems awfully premature in the 2nd week of FA and prior to the draft.
Let the picture develop and see what the team looks like after the draft. Maybe you'll be surprised they did take a 4-12 team to winning the Super Bowl in 4 seasons. Keeping the core together will be much harder. Changes will be consistent with this FO.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
^ wasting your time, he's a few days away from guaranteeing a losing season in every thread in the main forum.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
blue_meanies.jpg

Hahaha. Lordy.

Status
Not open for further replies.