If he's cheap I would love Kenny Britt.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
guy is younger than AJ Green, has size .... I realize he has some off the field issues, but the upside if he's ready to come out accross the country and leave that stuff behind is a huge opportunity.

I really think he could come cheap enough to have little down side, if he's a problem, cut him.

apparently seattle is on his radar.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-weekend/

Veilside

Reaction score
Low risk, high reward. I say bring him in and let him compete for a spot. I'm confident enough in our leadership that no one could come in and negatively effect the locker room and end up sticking around for long. Any one who doesn't buy in is out.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This would be a good team for him to go to. Carroll works wonders with headcases and misfits. He could sign a 1 yr deal, 2 million... and our system will teach him to make the most of his targets and never squander your opportunities or you won't get the ball.

I would love for the Seahawks to sign Danario Alexander to a 2 yr deal, minimum money and just IR him the first season.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
I think there is a lot of potential for this guy if you put him in the right environment. I'd be cool with brinigng him in if it didn't cost too much.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Veilside":2urn6h8g said:
Low risk, high reward. I say bring him in and let him compete for a spot. I'm confident enough in our leadership that no one could come in and negatively effect the locker room and end up sticking around for long. Any one who doesn't buy in is out.
Really? He's been in trouble with the law, the NFL, and the Titans every year since he came into this league. He's also battled injuries his whole career. Britt is the definition of a "high risk" acquisition. And he's "low reward", when you take into account his declining numbers and his projected role in the Seahawks offense. I hope JS is smart enough to stay well away from Britt.

KK84

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":26pgvwme said:
Veilside":26pgvwme said:
Really? He's been in trouble with the law, the NFL, and the Titans every year since he came into this league. He's also battled injuries his whole career. Britt is the definition of a "high risk" acquisition. And he's "low reward", when you take into account his declining numbers and his projected role in the Seahawks offense. I hope JS is smart enough to stay well away from Britt.

It's low risk because you can cut him if you even sniff a hint of trouble with almost no financial loss.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1ulkk2ui said:
I would love for the Seahawks to sign Danario Alexander to a 2 yr deal, minimum money and just IR him the first season.
That is patently absurd. Alexander's knees and legs are so shot from all of the surgeries and recent complications that his doctors aren't even convinced that he'll be able to walk completely normally again, never mind play football. And you want to pay him free money for a year to do nothing? That's rich.

As for Kenny Britt, I'd be completely fine with fully non-guaranteed deal for him.

Erebus

Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed that there's this big of a market for Britt. If he really has six options, he's probably not coming here as cheap as we'd want him to, so he wouldn't come without risk.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Erebus":sgitr7di said:
I'm a little disappointed that there's this big of a market for Britt. If he really has six options, he's probably not coming here as cheap as we'd want him to, so he wouldn't come without risk.

But he could come here on a one year 'prove it' deal, and resurrect his career.
I wouldn't mind if he helped us get back to the Super Bowl, and then wondered off.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
This would be similar to when Randy Moss went to the Patriots from the Raiders. We have the leadership to keep these guys in line. Run with the pack or get left for dead. I'd take a chance on him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Erebus":6t6bh760 said:

Talent. When it comes to putting up with a player's baggage, talent is the great equalizer.

But yeah, I see at least 1-2 of the other teams interested offer Britt a multi year deal with some guaranteed cash............which would be more than the Hawks can (or want to) offer.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
never know with these stories. I'm assuming that if a guy says there are 5-6 teams interested he probably means a couple teams are interested and that's about it.

Only britt's agent "knows" how many teams are interested so it's not like that's reliable information. If he was that valued by multiple teams he'd be signed by now.

Check down

Reaction score
I'd love Kenny on a trial basis.

Hawkamania, People don't give enough credit to players who have faced adversity in life. We tend to see everything as black and white. He's had trouble in the past. He's trouble now.

Ef that! What you've done doesn't compare to what you've learned and lived through. If he's learned humility and work ethic that's all that matters. Ask Pete. Past does not dictate the future. Bring him in. Put a chip on his shoulder...and challenge him to prove his manhood.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Would be a good signing I think. Dude has all the talent in the world and a players coach like Pete is the perfect situation for him. Plus the team is a ridiculously close-knit family for those who buy in, focusing on football during their downtime.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
If hes not gonna be injured hed be a sick upgrade.. hes about as talented as some of the elite receivers in the game.

Erebus

Reaction score
Check down":frbdc4gu said:
I'd love Kenny on a trial basis.

Hawkamania, People don't give enough credit to players who have faced adversity in life. We tend to see everything as black and white. He's had trouble in the past. He's trouble now.

Ef that! What you've done doesn't compare to what you've learned and lived through. If he's learned humility and work ethic that's all that matters. Ask Pete. Past does not dictate the future. Bring him in. Put a chip on his shoulder...and challenge him to prove his manhood.

Welcome! I noticed you've been registered for a whole year before posting. What took so long?

Veilside

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":rvb4v7lt said:
Veilside":rvb4v7lt said:

Depends on how you want to look at it I guess. Just like others have explained, I'm talking about him being easy to cut as being low risk and having elite talent making him high reward.

I agree with Erebus that it is probably a low chance he comes here now due to the added teams showing interest. He's oddly getting more interest than Jared Allen and that just says how important elite young talent really is in this league. He was the WR I was hoping to bring in the most this season but I don't think we'll want to match the other teams offers. Really depends on if he values money and stats over an increased chance for a ring.

Tical21

Reaction score
Dude is a complete and utter waste of talent. Completely out to lunch. Not worth the effort.