Clayton on Bob&Groz-Good info on a lot of Seahawk stuff

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ivotuk":1jaluza9 said:
Talks about J Allen, Britt, Schilling, Carpenter, the draft, DeSean Jackson...

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 1014&n=Bob and Groz Show
Allen offered 6ish trying to find a way to save face. Didn't catch the Britt stuff, Schilling is depth. Didn't catch the Carp stuff or DeSean. Was on the phone while listening sorry.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
What is up with everyone giving Russell Okung a 10 million price tag... an oft-injured player that is arguably not even in the top 25% at his position on a good day.

Most of the top young tackles that I've seen have been signing for 6.5 to 8.5 per.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I would agree with the above post. He is in competition with every LT be it free agent or via the draft. I think if people stop looking at him like the first round draft pick he was, but the player he is they would get a better view of him. Often injured and the last two years average play.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Just for some additional info on Okung, here is the list of top salary's for LT.

http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=LT

Right now Okung is 10th at $8.083 APY. The biggest deals handed out this year for LT's are Jason Peters ($9.75 APY), Brandon Albert ($9.4 APY), Eugene Monroe ($7.5 APY) and Jared Veldheer ($7 APY). Depending on where you think Okung falls in that group should determine what he will get.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I think Okung is definitely a top quarter of the league LT when healthy. His two glaring issues are that he's had a hard time staying healthy and that he takes too many penalties (especially false starts). I don't think he's a $10 mil per year guy, but his second contract will put him solidly in the $9 mil per year range, with probably close to 35-40% of the deal guaranteed.