Man I really wish Schneider would've slapped Prisco for this

davidonmi

Reaction score
P. Schrager‏@PSchrags·3h
I've seen it all. @PriscoCBS telling Seahawks GM John Schneider he's still not "sold" on Russell Wilson.
Expand

I wish I could find the video. That would've been really hilarious if Schneider just totally blew him off

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Uh what?!? Wilson will make 18-22 million very soon and has a shot to be a 2 time Superbowl winner just for fun.

kearly

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pet ... y-rush-him
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pet ... ell-wilson

Those articles are a few months apart, but they basically say the same thing. Prisco strikes me as someone who has confirmation bias issues.

Some of the things Prisco says are true, but where he errs is his conclusion. He thinks Wilson is an average QB being made to look good. Wilson is not an average QB, he is an amazing QB with exploitable weaknesses. Exploit those weaknesses, and he will look average, sometimes worse.

Only problem is that you have to have a pretty amazing defense to make Wilson look bad, and once we got Harvin back, attacking Wilson while protecting against Harvin proved impossible.

Every QB has weaknesses, even future HoFers like Brees and Manning do (they turn into Checkdown Charlies vs. the Seahawks defense). If they faced a good defense every now and then that nullified their presnap reads and make them look far less special, would we call them average QBs too?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Unless wilson starts putting up insane numbers people will always doubt him.

Without ever considering the fact that what makes wilson great is that he does what he needs to do to win games.

credit the defense all you want, they have certainly been great, but how many games would be L's if wilson didn't take the game over the last couple seasons?

Winningest QB IN NFL HISTORY over his first two years.

Love the idiots who think that somehow the defense being great means that the guy on the team that touches the ball more than anyone else on the team can be just mediocre to win like Seattle has the last two years.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN 7m
Hey Mr Prisco, you have an open invitation anytime to bring that conversation to our radio show on 710ESPN SEA #debate @PSchrags @priscocbs

Sac

Reaction score
Madness.

In 32 regular season games, Wilson has 6 fourth quarter comebacks and 8 game winning drives.

In 35 total games including playoffs and the OWL, he's got 8 and 10 respectively.

That's just, WOW.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Laloosh":kyd5lbi2 said:
Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN 7m
Hey Mr Prisco, you have an open invitation anytime to bring that conversation to our radio show on 710ESPN SEA #debate @PSchrags @priscocbs
:snack:
must listen

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
kearly":m9xcm3ai said:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24131807/after-further-review-wilsons-great-on-the-run-so-why-rush-him
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pet ... ell-wilson

Those articles are a few months apart, but they basically say the same thing. Prisco strikes me as someone who has confirmation bias issues.

Some of the things Prisco says are true, but where he errs is his conclusion. He thinks Wilson is an average QB being made to look good. Wilson is not an average QB, he is an amazing QB with exploitable weaknesses. Exploit those weaknesses, and he will look average, sometimes worse.

Only problem is that you have to have a pretty amazing defense to make Wilson look bad, and once we got Harvin back, attacking Wilson while protecting against Harvin proved impossible.

Every QB has weaknesses, even future HoFers like Brees and Manning do (they turn into Checkdown Charlies vs. the Seahawks defense). If they faced a good defense every now and then that nullified their presnap reads and make them look far less special, would we call them average QBs too?
when prisco tried to compare wilson to dalton I knew he has bias against wilson type QB's. Prisco sees what he wants to see, and doesn't look at it any nonconventional ways. This brings us back to that long thread we had on Cossell saying GM and coaches think wilson is slightly above average

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Brock Huard‏@BrockESPN·8h
So excited to talk game managers, dynasties and Pete Carroll with @jeffrichadiha tomorrow!!! Always fun
more must listen radio

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":32u6oy97 said:
Madness.

In 32 regular season games, Wilson has 6 fourth quarter comebacks and 8 game winning drives.

In 35 total games including playoffs and the OWL, he's got 8 and 10 respectively.

That's just, WOW.

Wouldn't that be 37 games? 2 playoff games last year, 3 this year.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
oh and also brock if you're reading this make sure u ask prisco if marvin lewis is still ranked ahead of carroll in his coaches rankings

Anthony!

Reaction score
The problem with Prisco is he is a band wagon guy. One minute he loves a guy next he does not.

"I was wrong about Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson. The kid is damn good. I wasn't sure if a 5-foot-11 quarterback could be successful in the NFL. And when he won only one game on the road in his first five, I still wasn't sure. But his play against the Bears on Sunday convinced me that this kid could be a heck of a quarterback. His last drive in the fourth quarter for the go-ahead score was impressive, but his game-winning drive in overtime topped it. He won the game by throwing a touchdown pass to Sidney Rice, but he made some other really impressive throws -- including one on the run on third-and-12. Wilson's ability to get away from pressure and throw on the move was remarkable. He threw for 293 yards and ran for 71 against the Bears. Wilson has nine touchdown passes and no interceptions in the last four games."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pet ... /PriscoCBS

When it comes down to it for the most part, he does not care about truth only getting attention, and saying he is not sold on a BB winning QB who has the most wins in his first 2 years, most tds, a SB, qb rating over 100 first 2 years etc, will get him more attention then the truth.

sutz

Reaction score
Well for me it boils down to something pretty simple. We run a bit of a throwback offense, run first and all that. So, one should probably compare Russ to old school QBs like Bradsahw and Aikman, rather than trying to crticize him for the fact that he doesn't put up big QB numbers like current QBs do in more modern offenses. The thing is, most of those old school QBs did not have the QBR that Wilson carries. Certainly, he protects the ball far better than they used to back in the day, when 55% completion rates and TD/Int ratios a lot closer to even were the norms.

It's like the tired old argument that he is a 'game manager' instead of an elite QB. He has proven an many occasions that he is capable of taking the reins and winning a game, almost single handedly, and is criticised by the uninformed because he doesn't do what his offense doesn't require of him, which is to put up tons of yards and numbers. Anybody who really watches him has to admit, he has that "it" factor. He doesn't just throw the ball around, he leads.

themunn

Reaction score
It won't be long before Wilson has the greatest postseason passer rating in NFL history - he's currently 3rd in career postseason passer rating - a number brought down by his hail mary INT at Atlanta (without which he'd be number 1), and the limited gameplan against New Orleans in horrendous weather.

Of Course, Mark Sanchez is in the top 10 of all time and will probably stay there for a long time as he'll never play another playoff game again, but let's not forget he had a couple of pretty damn good games (3 TDs 0 INTS @ NE, for example)

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it was Prisco who went on 710 towards the end of THIS season and opined that Wilson had shown no ability to lead the team to a comeback or put the team on his shoulders. I repeat: this season! When challenged he claimed that he knew what he was talking about because he watches way more Seahawks film than any of us Seahawks fans.

He's since been added to my ignore list.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Pete Prisco is just jaw-droppingly stupid. I don't care if he's saying something good or something bad about the Seahawks, he's just stupid. He's Skip Bayless without the ridiculous hair.

Jac

Reaction score
Prisco loves two things: pocket passers and the Arizona Cardinals. Do the math...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dude is an attention-whore. You could tell just by checking out his Twitter. Nobody in the biz seems to like the guy. He's like the old, crazy uncle just spouting stuff just to be talking