Will the Seahawks ever be America's team?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I mean, could it happen? Or are we passed that type of thing.
I haven't heard Dallas being America's team in a while, er.. unless you count what Texan's believe? ;)

We have a VERY popular QB, and when we dominate another season on national TV and with all the 12's across America...

Hey ... "Twelves across America"? I LIKE THAT -Quick let's patent that before Paul McCartney takes it!!

kearly

Reaction score
I think we might already be bigger nationwide / internationally than the Patriots ever were. I definitely think Cowboys / Steelers levels are attainable if Seattle keeps winning championship in emphatic fashion while having so much fun doing it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I don't ever want to be America's team. I just want them to stay the Pacific Northwest's team.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I don't even understand what the term means. Who decides? It strikes me as simple media bias ascribing a certain fan base more influence than others. Or something.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1nbefy6j said:
I don't even understand what the term means. Who decides? It strikes me as simple media bias ascribing a certain fan base more influence than others. Or something.
the bandwagoners and the media does

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I don't mind sharing.

And for all those folks without a home team in their state of metro area... they can be a 12.

Kaiser

Reaction score
People dont bandwagon winners anymore, they just hate them a lot more.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I don't care if they are considered America's team, all I know is that they are My team and have been since I was 10.
I live in Michigan, I am an American and I am a Seahawk fan!!!
((PS, I don't give a rat's arse what anyone else no matter where they are from thinks about that.))

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
America's Team? I don't think so. A much stronger national following? Yes; that's already happened.

There are really only two ways to go about it: history and success. Seattle cannot gain 80 years of history, so they'll have to be successful. Teams like New England (and to a smaller degree, Baltimore) have interstate fanbases because of their sustained success (see Oakland in the 80s). But pull Brady and Belichick, and the Pats turn back into the Shats. This will be a fleeting sensation once losing sets in; see "Fans of Patriots, ca. 1990".

The older teams like Chicago, Washington, and Green Bay have history on their side; they could be "fair to middlin'" for years, and they'd still be worshiped by tens of thousands for their legacy alone. It doesn't hurt that all three teams have won Super Bowl titles in the last 25 years, of course.

Seattle's decentralized location and smaller overall population hurt matters a bit more. Only sustained success will allow the team to turn the National Perception corner. I'm forced to quote General Patton: ""Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time."

rcaido

Reaction score
I rather be the most hated team in America! I also love being the most obnoxious fan!

nbk35zw

Reaction score
My friends here in Carolina view Seattle like the 80's Raiders.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I kinda liked seeing so many people wearing Seahawks stuff during the super Bowl leadup, and knowing that many of them were from NY/NJ or other areas besides the Northwest.

chris98251

Reaction score
First, DO NOT USE THAT FILTHY REFERENCE TO THIS FOOTBALL TEAM, as soon as you say Americas Team almost everyone thinks the damn Dallas Cowboys. I in no way want to be associated of confused with that franchise.

If you want to reference cross country fans call them 12's or the twelth man. Thats our legacy, thats who this fan base is. A nation of 12's is fine with me, more to travel, more to be vocal at away games, bigger pain in the ass for opposition when were on the road.

We don't need to emmulate any old used moniker, we have our own.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think we have the potential to be the NFL version of the USC Trojans during the Carroll years. That's if we can sustain this success. We'll be loved by some, hated by many. Indifference won't be an option.

rigelian

Reaction score
America's team? Disgusting. Why in the world would we want to become the reincarnation of the Dallas Cowboys?