MMQB: Carroll on Repeating

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/26/pete-carroll-seattle-seahawks-super-bowl-repeat/[/urltargetblank]

With all the negative vibes around here, I thought this was a refreshing read.

If you demand the best out of your players every day, putting the emphasis on performance over winning, and players know their jobs are on the line if they don’t bring it, they’ll never get complacent

Largent80

Reaction score
“I asked coach Wooden, ‘After all these years, do you change your philosophy year to year?’ ”

Wooden looked upon the freshly-50 Carroll incredulously.

“I thought, Oh God, why did I ask that question? God dog it,” Carroll says. “He said, ‘Coach, you don’t change your philosophy; the players change."

That's it right there. I don't think there is negativity around here, just business as usual with questions about said players coming and going.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love this photo...That look on Browner's face..."Damn, if only I smoked less doobies..."

pete-carroll-sherman-locker-room-5-rm.jpg

tom sawyer

Reaction score
-"if we can recapture the work ethic that made us what we are" - "nothing else really matters!

^This^

HansGruber

Reaction score
It's gonna be a helluva battle with the Cards for the NFCW, and I can't wait to watch the carnage.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Largent80":1po9uhty said:
“I asked coach Wooden, ‘After all these years, do you change your philosophy year to year?’ ”

Wooden looked upon the freshly-50 Carroll incredulously.

“I thought, Oh God, why did I ask that question? God dog it,” Carroll says. “He said, ‘Coach, you don’t change your philosophy; the players change."

That's it right there. I don't think there is negativity around here, just business as usual with questions about said players coming and going.
And that's what I was pointing out in the thread about Pete changing his offensive philosophy. He won't change the philosophy. He may adjust scheme/play calling as needed based on his players, but the philosophy--WinForever/Always Compete--will not change. That consistency is key to success.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
If he can pull this off and have this team be at or close to the pinnacle on a regular basis he will go into the hall with some of these guys, I am sure the idea is to build a core of guys who know no different than to be this way. Compete always.