Phillip Adams signed

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Looks like a good depth signing, and he's been on our team before. Also a candidate to replace Tate as punt returner.

Adams had spent the last two season with the Raiders, appearing in all 16 games in 2013. The five-year veteran was the team’s primary punt returner in 2012, when he returned 25 punts for 139 yards. Adams finished this past season with 30 total tackles and eight punt returns.

Adams was drafted out of South Carolina State University in 2010, selected by the 49ers with the 224th overall pick. He bounced around to the Patriots and (briefly) with the Seahawks before sticking in Oakland.

http://www.profootballrumors.com/ph...hawks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

SirTed

Reaction score
I REALLY like Adams when he was here for the preseason 2 years ago. Cool.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Rotoworld: "Seahawks agreed to terms with CB Phillip Adams, formerly of the Raiders, to a one-year contract.
A career backup, Adams was one of the worst corners in the league last season, getting routinely toasted across his 348 snaps. He made one appearance for the Seahawks in 2011. He'll fight for one of the final spots on the Seahawks' 53-man roster. Mar 27"
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5975/phillip-adams

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawknation2014":ua9vuiiz said:
Rotoworld: "Seahawks agreed to terms with CB Phillip Adams, formerly of the Raiders, to a one-year contract.
A career backup, Adams was one of the worst corners in the league last season, getting routinely toasted across his 348 snaps. He made one appearance for the Seahawks in 2011. He'll fight for one of the final spots on the Seahawks' 53-man roster. Mar 27"
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5975/phillip-adams

I'm not worried about this. Just because he didn't look good on the Raiders crappy D doesn't mean he won't be good depth in Carroll's DB factory.

Browner sucked before he got into our system too. The Seahawks know what they are getting from Adams since he's been here before. If they hated what he brought to the table, they wouldn't have signed him.

Jville

Reaction score
The Raiders’ dearth of talented depth played a major role in the failures towards the end of the season. It also affected the schemes of defensive coordinator Jason Tarver, as he had to change what he wanted to do to try and compensate for the weaknesses of the defense. The biggest sign of this was the Raiders’ blitz percentage. Towards the end of the season, they were top three in the NFL in blitz percentage, as Tarver tried to manufacture some pressure with his front four struggling to create pressure by themselves. This would leave the defensive backs vulnerable in one on one coverage, which opposing quarterbacks were able to take advantage of.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://goldengatesports.com/2014/02/08/oakland-raiders-scheme-talent-issue-defense/[/urltargetblank]

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pete prioritizes special teams play WAY above most other coaches. He must have impressed with his special teams play in the first go-round.
Looks like their Tate punt return replacement plus DB depth and special teams wildman, Chris Maragos partial replacement.
We'll see if he makes the roster. Always comPete.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
QBR against 100+ in 2013. 36.7 in 2012. Was he injured? Used wrong? Or just get lucky in 2012¿

plyka

Reaction score
olyfan63":28dl4q1o said:
Pete prioritizes special teams play WAY above most other coaches. He must have impressed with his special teams play in the first go-round.
Looks like their Tate punt return replacement plus DB depth and special teams wildman, Chris Maragos partial replacement.
We'll see if he makes the roster. Always comPete.

Or he is just a good corner prospect.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I say he's a "depth" corner prospect who has a nice special teams upside. If anyone can coach him up to be a good corner, it's Pete & Co. It would of course be awesome if he became another Browner/Maxwell type of pleasant surprise.

theascension

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2fmgspfh said:
QBR against 100+ in 2013. 36.7 in 2012. Was he injured? Used wrong? Or just get lucky in 2012¿
Well he WAS playing for the raiders. I imagine with our DB coaching we can get him coached in a year up to a fairly decent backup level.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
theascension":20jr4k1i said:
-The Glove-":20jr4k1i said:
Well he WAS playing for the raiders. I imagine with our DB coaching we can get him coached in a year up to a fairly decent backup level.
I understand our coaching staff is top notch when it comes to preparing guys. He was in Oakland in 2012 too