Would y'all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
Would y'all be ok with the Seahawks signing Desean Jackson, who was just released, to 5.5-6 million salary deal?

jblaze

Reaction score
For that price, yes. Tate wanted that but Jackson is a LOT better than Tate will ever be. They already talked to the Eagles about him when they were shopping him last week.

My guess is though he'll be wanting a much higher salary than that.

Then there's the off the field stuff. Sounds like he's got gang ties and hangs out with some very unsavory people. I think everyone is gun shy right now because of the Aaron Hernandez stuff and this sounds similar.

He's also a locker room cancer. He's late for meetings, argues with coaches, berates his teammates, etc.

drrew

Reaction score
Absolutely. At that amount, he's a steal. I think someone (Oakland?) offers him quite a bit more.

seabowl

Reaction score
jblaze":rxc5xobg said:
For that price, yes. Tate wanted that but Jackson is a LOT better than Tate will ever be. They already talked to the Eagles about him when they were shopping him last week.

My guess is though he'll be wanting a much higher salary than that.

Then there's the off the field stuff. Sounds like he's got gang ties and hangs out with some very unsavory people. I think everyone is gun shy right now because of the Aaron Hernandez stuff and this sounds similar.

He's also a locker room cancer. He's late for meetings, argues with coaches, berates his teammates, etc.

I disagree. Tate blocked and was not much of a headache and coming into his own while Jackson has a ton of baggage. Could very well see him on the Niners going back to Cali.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He would be a perfect WR for Russell's deep ball accuracy but I imagine he is going to want a contract around 9 mil/year. We simply can't afford to do that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Raiders, they have the $ to spend, and IF all this gang talk is real, could there be a better setting than the Raiders????

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Profootballtalk.com reports the 49ers, Seahawks, and Jets were "definitely" interested in DeSean Jackson before his release.
PFT suggests the Patriots and Raiders "also could be thrown into the mix," though we're skeptical of the former after the Aaron Hernandez situation in New England. Although neither Seattle, San Francisco, nor Gang Green was able to work out a pre-release trade with Philadelphia, this report may provide a hint as to Jackson's landing spot. We expect him to be signed quickly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If we're going to spend 6M on a player, I'd rather it be on the O-Line or D-Line, not a WR that's going to catch maybe 50 balls a year in this run first offense.

We're already paying Harvin 12M, I don't think it's smart to tie up that much money in the WR position. Would rather get a good WR in the draft to take Tate's place.

G-Money

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 8m

The Seahawks, 49ers, Jets, Raiders among the teams that had prior interest in DeSean Jackson, FWIW. Have a gut Seattle is a major player

ManBunts

Reaction score
Nope. He's apparently spending his off field time hanging with gang members in LA. So he'll be drafted by the Raiders.

Besides, he's redundant to Percy, and with the cash we'd have to pay him, we could easily take a gamble on a Kenny Britt type character that will fill a more needed role for us, and have money to spare.

At this moment though, I think the only offensive weapons we add are to the line.

G-Money

Reaction score
SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 10m

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Seahawks swooped in on Jackson and gave him a prove-it deal.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
If Jackson was willing to accept a prove-it deal I would love to have him here. Otherwise, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.