Remember Tharold Simon? The Seahawks certainly do.

Jville

Reaction score
“It’s been a long time coming,” Simon said Friday following his latest rehab session at Virginia Mason Athletic Center. “I never actually just took a whole year off from football – well, I didn’t really take the year off, I just didn’t get to play because of the injury.

“But like coach Richard says, ‘Now is my time to step up.’ ”
140328simon600.jpg
“And it’s not just the players,” Simon said. “It’s the coaches. This is a great coaching staff. You can start with the head coach, coach (Pete) Carroll. Then down the line, they coach you the right way. I think that’s why we’ve got some of the best DBs in the league, because the coaches care about what you do and they care about seeing you make it – off the field, not just on the field.”
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Losses-in-secondary-bring-Tharold-Simon-back-into-Seahawks%E2%80%99-picture/64ff1e04-df08-4f6f-be8c-8ac6a867df05[/urltargetblank]

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what the man can do. Have high hopes for him.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I have high hopes for everyone that dawns a Hawks jersey haha!!

I am most excited about seeing Maxwell full time though. I think he's gonna have a massive year.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
-The Glove-":1hm9d5mk said:

Likewise man. One of the things I'm looking most forward to this season.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":vnka1kca said:
-The Glove-":vnka1kca said:

Likewise man. One of the things I'm looking most forward to this season.
going off topic a little but it really annoyed me when Hawkblogger shot down Simon just because he was hurt last year when a fan talked about guys that can step up next year.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":2o7w74zr said:
I have high hopes for everyone that dawns a Hawks jersey haha!!

I am most excited about seeing Maxwell full time though. I think he's gonna have a massive year.

Byron Maxwell is now the oldest of Seattle's defensive backs at 26 years young.

“I love what Max did when he stepped in last year,” Simon said, referring to Maxwell becoming the starter in December after Browner was injured and Thurmond was suspended by the league. “A lot of people were like, ‘B.B. went down. Well, what else do you have?’ Max showed them what we have, we have depth.”

kobebryant

Reaction score
His JR tape had me really excited - fit "Seahawks CB" to a tee. Tall, long arms, ball skills and arrogrant.

Given how long cbs are "en vogue" the looks like possibly excellent foresight. If you put him in this draft after playing a sr season at LSU at 6'3 200lbs 4.5 he would be pretty sought after. Hawks took him in the 4th I believe, given that they grade for their team they may have every well had a 2nd round grade on him. Now, he basically just got a redshirt year in a factory made for him to excell.

Unfortunately, I just don't see any way they'll be able to keep Maxwell beyond this coming season.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
kobebryant":2uf3a2a8 said:
His JR tape had me really excited - fit "Seahawks CB" to a tee. Tall, long arms, ball skills and arrogrant.

Given how long cbs are "en vogue" the looks like possibly excellent foresight. If you put him in this draft after playing a sr season at LSU at 6'3 200lbs 4.5 he would be pretty sought after. Hawks took him in the 4th I believe, given that they grade for their team they may have every well had a 2nd round grade on him. Now, he basically just got a redshirt year in a factory made for him to excell.

Unfortunately, I just don't see any way they'll be able to keep Maxwell beyond this coming season.

Even better he was a 5th rd pick.

Atradees

Reaction score
Reeshaurd-pronounced? Ya I would like to see if maybe all these guys were stashed on IR and how they will contribute.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":aqcp1wgz said:
I have been high on Simon since lust year. He's about to break out.

Lust...Freudian slip? :shock:
:laugh:

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
kobebryant":2yehn3ke said:

Agreed. Second round. Maybe third after the "incident" he was involved in DURING the draft last year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":hfkukcpo said:
You know, when I think about it, I did lust a lot in 2013. It really was lust year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1wizmrk7 said:
SacHawk2.0":1wizmrk7 said:
You know, when I think about it, I did lust a lot in 2013. It really was lust year.

I started lusting in 2011 but Simon made me adjust to re-lust for 2014.

two dog

Reaction score
jdemps":2scv1ozd said:
kobebryant":2scv1ozd said:

Agreed. Second round. Maybe third after the "incident" he was involved in DURING the draft last year.

The "incident in Louisiana" last year made him sound beyond arrogant. Could have been the reporter getting it
from the cop who was undoubtedly pissed off. I doubt the reporter was actually present.

Sounded like a Louisiana cop who didn't want to be "sassed". A guy who can put a weed up the butt of opposing
players and their fans (Gary Paxton, Richard Sherman) makes our day. He can be the biggest jerk in the world, but
he's OUR jerk, so we love him.