Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Bulk up Robert Turbin

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Someone else

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Personally, I would like to see them re-sign Michael Robinson. Even at 31 years old, Robinson was playing like one of the better fullbacks in the league toward the end of the year. Without him and some of our OL starters hurt, the running game really stalled at times. I think Robinson has at least one or two good years left, and he comes pretty cheap for a veteran starter.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'll say Coleman, hopefully he learns to be a better lead blocker and I like his receiving ability out of the backfield. Too much young talent to keep Mike Rob around for another year but who knows.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Honestly wondering what people see in Coleman besides a good story? What things does he actually excel at?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":fod4h55c said:
Honestly wondering what people see in Coleman besides a good story? What things does he actually excel at?

Coleman made that heads-up play for a TD that I don't think Robinson would have made.

If the Hawks finally fix the O-line we will not have to rely on FB for blocking as much and that makes it advantageous to have a little more of a play-making FB so that he can provide the extra blocking when needed or go out as an extra receiver as needed.

Coleman gives us an opportunity to upgrade our playmaking ability while reducing our cap cost for FB, assuming that Ware or someone else makes it as the backup FB/ 4th-string emergency RB.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I think M-Rob is done, hopefully he joins the coaching staff and mentors Coleman.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Coleman did some nice things, started looking he was getting it later in the season.

I'm not understanding the Turbin option at all though.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Mrob has the skills or desire to coach but I'd love to see him stay with the team in some capacity.
I hate it but I see no reason to keep him, if he's not going to start or move to a coaching position.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
I think Robinson coming back was a big help for Coleman, Robinson has said that he's tried to teach Coleman as much as he can and that he (Coleman) is the future of the position.

If Robinson has infact played his last game as a Seahawk, which seems at least 50/50 likely, I'm glad he's leaving with a ring.

Basis4day

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2l48hk0k said:

We're only allowed to support and like players that excel? Not every player is going to be a pro bowler or all-pro in their rookie year.

Considering Coleman was an undrafted rookie, i'd say playing on and making this team is a pretty good accomplishment thus far.

calihawk

Reaction score
Coleman wasn't doing a a very good job as a blocker for beastmode however I felt PC was all
in until injury forced a change.
The return of MR was an improvement but I noticed PC never mentioned MR except answering a specific question about MR in press conferences.
Maybe I didn't read it right but I think MR is done.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Throwdown":26fk9vb8 said:
Coleman did some nice things, started looking he was getting it later in the season.

I'm not understanding the Turbin option at all though.

Turbin is a running back who has excelled as a pass blocker. Unfortunately, he's only 222 lbs, which is small for a lead blocker. If he put on another 10-15 lbs, he would be in the weight range to possibly excel at fullback.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I voted Coleman above, but would like to see the team re-up Robinson for one more year.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Basis4day":2v9rv2za said:
therealjohncarlson":2v9rv2za said:

We're only allowed to support and like players that excel? Not every player is going to be a pro bowler or all-pro in their rookie year.

Considering Coleman was an undrafted rookie, i'd say playing on and making this team is a pretty good accomplishment thus far.

hmm not sure how you got that from what I said. Is it not logical to evaluate a players strengths and weaknesses when deciding whether said player should be the future at that position? That's all I meant what I asked what he excels at. In other words, what are his strengths? Why should he be the starter at fullback going forward?

sutz

Reaction score
Probably Coleman. I love MRob, but I feel he'll probably move on and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I'd love to see James Carpenter lead blocking :shock:

Only half joking.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I was there for that Coleman TD.

It was an amazing moment haha!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1cnq2n9h said:

He is better than Mike Rob as a runner and receiver. Mike Rob is the better blocker currently. Pretty simple really.